Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Enka albums recommendations? (example inside)

Enka albums recommendations? (example inside)

Discuss Japanese movies and music.

Enka albums recommendations? (example inside)

Postby 櫻~ » Mon 08.20.2012 12:52 am

Hi :whistle:

I was playing WarioWare Inc. Mega Microgames the other day on my PSP and I fall in love with one of the background songs. Looking around I found it's labeled as 演歌 (enka).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svIRy6hmiWw

I see there's a thread here about this genre, but it's too old so I'm making this one.

Anyone can point me to albums of this kind of music? With female vocals (for now). The more similar to this song the better :mrgreen:

Btw, in the song I mentioned, is that a more "traditional" enka? More "modern"? Or any variation or something? Or just plain good old style?

Thanks ^_^
櫻~

Native language: Spanish, English

Re: Enka albums recommendations? (example inside)

Postby 櫻~ » Sun 09.16.2012 1:12 am

Well... more than 100 views, quite an achievement. I don't know much about enka or that song... but I found a few artists at my local store. 八代亜紀 (Yashiro Aki), 石川さゆり (Ishikawa Sayuri) and 坂本冬美 (Sakamoto Fuyumi) for a start. A whole new style of music, it's awesome. Till now I've spent the most time with さゆり and I love it, I can't get enough of some songs. I've ordered some stuff from 美空ひばり. I don't want to "consume" everything quickly, because there's very little beyond of those and no other place to get this kind of music here :(

Anyway, if someone knows of something else, I'll be glad to hear. If I had to pick a song or two for my favorites... it would be 越前竹舞い and 歌麿 from Sayuri, they have been No. 1 in my playlists for a while now (still, I've only heard a couple of discs, so I guess there's be more awesomeness). 好きです日本~四季の絵本~ from Fuyumi has a cute fuzzy feeling to it, music and lyrics, I love those kind of songs too <3
Last edited by 櫻~ on Sun 09.16.2012 3:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
櫻~

Postby jimbreen » Sun 09.16.2012 1:49 am

櫻~ wrote:Well... more than 100 views, quite an achievement. I don't know much about enka or that song... but I found a few artists at my local store. 八代亜紀 (Yashiro Aki), 石川さゆり (Ishikawa Sayuri) and 阪本冬美 (Sakamoto Fuyumi) for a start.

坂本冬美? Those first kanji are often confused. (http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E5%9D%82% ... C%E7%BE%8E)

Jim
jimbreen

Postby 櫻~ » Sun 09.16.2012 3:46 am

Yes indeed, those two look too similar if you don't pay attention (and it doesn't help being late at night) <_<

Edited the post, thanks.
櫻~

Return to Japanese Movies and Music