Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - 70's or 80's animated movie, help

70's or 80's animated movie, help

Discuss Japanese movies and music.

70's or 80's animated movie, help

Postby saraLynne » Thu 08.16.2007 2:45 am

Foreward:
Growing up, my mom was a huge fan of animated films. She collected Disney films like some people collect stamps. She'd also rent anything and everything that looked remotely family friendly.

Consequently, I ended up seeing lots and lots of obscure things. Occasionally, I'm hit with a desire to track down the ones that are semi-lodged in my memory. My problem is, all I have are vague details. One movie of this type I was able to find on Google, by searching the only details I could remember, which was "unicorn", "west wind" and "night wind". I was blissfully reunited with Unico and even watched it in Japanese. ^_^

So this brings me to the point of my post... help me find one more!

I did already try google and IMDB without success. Now I am hoping that it was a japanese film and maybe some of you people saw it, too.

It's about a (very young) Panda prince. His father dies and he must climb a waterfall in order to be accepted as the successor. He fails and even his mother must turn her back on him. The majority of the movie, iirc, is his journey to grow up and to build the courage to try again.
saraLynne

RE: 70's or 80's animated movie, help

Postby inuinu » Thu 08.16.2007 8:58 am

Perhaps 「パンダの大冒険」

- spoiler included -
http://www.toei-anim.co.jp/lineup/movie/panda/
tasukeru kotoga dekiru nara
tasuketai to omou.
dakedo eigo ha nigate.
inuinu

RE: 70's or 80's animated movie, help

Postby saraLynne » Thu 08.16.2007 10:49 pm

Awesome! I think that's it, actually.... but I can find little record of it in english, it does seem to be the right film. Oddly enough, the animation doesn't look quite as good as I remember it. I guess to a 6 year old, it all looks good. :P

Now, to trust the people who have it for sale on [i]VHS[/s] on amazon or not.... guess I'd only be out $3 to see.... ^_^

Thank you very much, Inuinuさん!
saraLynne

Return to Japanese Movies and Music