Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Complete Best

Complete Best

Discuss Japanese movies and music.

Complete Best

Postby Infidel » Thu 09.27.2007 2:53 am

Anyone else annoyed that "Complete best" albums rarely have the full OP and ED theme?

I bought Shakugan no Shana Complete best, no complete songs though, just the TV version.

I think this must be the third time this has happened to me. At least my Lodoss war CDs were good buys. The music from both the TV series and the OVAs was breathtaking.
なるほど。
さっぱりわからん。
Infidel

Native language: 英語

RE: Complete Best

Postby SuzuQ » Thu 09.27.2007 4:13 am

I haven't bought any complete best albums for a long time, so I'm not actually annoyed but I guess those "complete best" could mean that it just has all of the theme songs.

by the way, I love Lodoss war songs! I haven't watched the latest series in which Spike was the main character, but the first OVA had amazing OP and ED songs :)
SuzuQ

Postby Infidel » Thu 09.27.2007 4:32 am

As good as the OP and ED for the OVAs were, the OP for the TV series was even better! It was playing in one of the non-stop anime rooms at a convention I went to. I fell in love with the song immediatly and went to the merchant's floor and bought a copy.

Gotta love symphonic music. They really went all out with Lodoss wars.
Last edited by Infidel on Thu 09.27.2007 4:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
なるほど。
さっぱりわからん。
Infidel

Native language: 英語

Postby Alghazanth » Mon 12.10.2007 6:12 am

I prefer 'Vocal Collection' albums since i like it better listening to full songs instead of background music or tv size versions :)
Alghazanth

Postby Igirisu_gaz » Mon 12.10.2007 10:02 am

Infidel wrote:
Anyone else annoyed that "Complete best" albums rarely have the full OP and ED theme?

I bought Shakugan no Shana Complete best, no complete songs though, just the TV version.

I think this must be the third time this has happened to me. At least my Lodoss war CDs were good buys. The music from both the TV series and the OVAs was breathtaking.

Something you have to be careful of I recall from my anime watching days when I were a lad and before the internet made acquiring what you want easy. If the word OST (Original Sound track) is included anywhere then you are like as not, not going to get the OP and ED songs as they are not "original" and are rather a released track by a popular artist and as such the publisher does not have the rights to release a CD containing the song. There are of course exceptions to the rule however.
何でやねん?
Igirisu_gaz

Return to Japanese Movies and Music