Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Important Site Upgrade Notice

Important Site Upgrade Notice

Do you have any suggestions to the page's content and such?

RE: Important Site Upgrade Notice

Postby clay » Sat 07.14.2007 9:23 pm

Wow. Quite a few posts to catch up on. Let me try!

Yall would have to make sure to weed out "AdSense" code from just straight code.. though, if its a plugin of sorts.. it should already take care of that for you.

I see your point, but actually I think there is a module that is specifically for Google Adsense (and only Adsense) code. I got the idea from this site: http://www.webmaster-talk.com/ and found a module for Drupal that should work.

Individual blogs? That's like an online journal, isn't it?

That's right. Also there will probably be a 'latest blog postings' on the front page to give everyone exposure.

Is there a way to integrate the chat into the website?

Yes. I am pretty sure we will go with an chat that will be embedded or in a pop up, but still part of the website. I haven't discussed this with Zen, but we will have far more options with chat programs on the new server.

Awesome! I'm so....excited .... especially the ORGANIC GROUPS

Yeah, that looks neat. Again, I haven't played with this yet, but the possibilities look promising especially for JLPT study groups.

Also, when you say the new site will be faster, what exactly about it will be faster?

Right now the server is bogged down and sometimes responds slowly. The new server will only house TJP and has a lot more memory and a better processor. So it should be much faster.

But what I meant was allowing users to place Javascript on your site.

Right, users won't be allowed to post PHP or JavaScript code.

if there is anything I can do to help...?

I'll do some serious thunking on this. Basically right now I am spending a lot of time going through old content, revamping it and adding it to the Drupal database. There may be a few things that can be outsourced if a few volunteers want to help out, but I'm not sure what.

Zen doesn't think it will be a problem to integrate the video site, forum and wagawiki. I suspect once that is done, the site would be functional enough to go ahead and move. Then I (or with volunteers) will continue moving other non essential content such as the articles.

Thanks for the comments everyone!
TheJapanShop.com- Japanese language learning materials
Checkout our iPhone apps: TheJapanesePage.com/iPhone
clay
Site Admin

RE: Important Site Upgrade Notice

Postby coco » Mon 10.01.2007 6:43 pm

Clayさん Zenさん
いつもお世話になっております。 :)

先週の土曜日(米国時間)からビデオサイトへの接続がうまくいかないのは、サイト移行準備の影響でしょうか。

Wagawikiへの書き込みも制限したほうがよいという意見も出ているようですが、
サイト移行にともない投稿・閲覧が制限されるものが出るようでしたら、お知らせいただけると助かります。