Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Magazine Subscription

Magazine Subscription

Japanese, general discussion on the language

Magazine Subscription

Postby Kisshu » Fri 02.01.2008 11:39 pm

Question. Anybody know if it is possible to get a Japanese magazine subscription? I really am not that picky about the genre... Actually, I'm pretty much OK with any type of popular magazine that isn't a "men's magazine" or anime/manga related. [small]But that's a little bit off topic, isn't it?[/small]
ラブラブ!!<3
My Japanese Blog: http://www.jellyfishsushi.blogspot.com
My Art: http://www.k-i-s-s-h-u.deviantart.com
Kisshu

RE: Magazine Subscription

Postby Wakannai » Sat 02.02.2008 12:03 am

You can subscribe to the Nihongo Journal and Hiragana times with no doubt. I'm sure there are other ones out there.
Wakannai

Postby terence_hideyoshi » Sat 02.02.2008 3:29 am

Hmm. Wakannai san, Nihongo Journal is about what? Is it similar to Hiragana times?
terence_hideyoshi

Postby Koryo » Sat 02.02.2008 3:36 am

If you're interested in subscriptions to magazines that don't usually ship outside of Japan, Sasuga Books offers a fairly wide welection of import subscriptions. I've also had subscriptions through CDJapan before. They have a more limited selection of genres, but a wider selection within the genres they do carry. I'm sure there are other companies that offer similar services, but Sasuga and CDJapan are the only two I've had experience with. Be prepared to pay a lot for shipping one way or the other.

If you happen to order a subscription through CDJapan then move to Japan while the subscription is active, they can't change the shipping address to a local one. They did however cancel my subscription and promptly refund the remainder of the subscription.

If you're interested in older magazines issues (i.e., not current), don't forget The Japan Shop. This tends to be a much cheaper alternative.
Last edited by Koryo on Sat 02.02.2008 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Koryo

Native language: English

Postby Nibble » Sat 02.02.2008 4:15 am

You can also subscribe to magazines at http://www.jbox.com/MAGAZINES/. There's a wide selection, but it's a bit expensive. You do get a discount if you order a full year's subscription, however.
Nibble

Postby chchan45 » Sat 02.02.2008 4:24 am

terence_hideyoshi wrote:
Hmm. Wakannai san, Nihongo Journal is about what?

I do not mean any offence, but I think the answer to this type of question can be easily found by a simple search on the web. Questions like this, unfortunately, make people more disinclined to assist you.
Reading 李香蘭 私の半生

Please note that:
1. English is not my first language.
2. I am not Japanese. I am prone to making mistakes so please point them out if you see any.
chchan45

Return to Japanese General Discussion