Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Need Kanji Image for 大切。

Need Kanji Image for 大切。

Japanese, general discussion on the language

Re: Need Kanji Image for 大切。

Postby KL Gryce » Mon 11.10.2008 2:28 pm

Harisenbon wrote:
becki_kanou wrote:A Hanshin fan?

I forget what meaning it held for him, but he BETTER not be a hanshin fan. This is Dragons territory.

Chunichi fans scare the bejeeblets out of me. After moving to Ogaki, I learned pretty quick to stop cheering for the Tigers. The first time I did, watching a game on TV at the rec center in Gifu, a fully grown woman stomped up and roared "F**K HANSHIN!" in my face. In English.

Yeah, it was pretty stupid of me. What can I say? I lived in Kansai first. In the depths of my heart, I'll always root for the Tigers.
KL Gryce

Native language: English

Postby Harisenbon » Mon 11.10.2008 10:09 pm

KL Gryce wrote:Chunichi fans scare the bejeeblets out of me. After moving to Ogaki,

How interesting. I live in Ogaki as well.

Also, that reaction definitely isn't limited to Chunichi Fans. If you were to cheer for the Giants in Osaka, you might get stabbed. ;)
Want to learn Japanese the right way? How about for free?
Ippatsu // Japanesetesting.com
Harisenbon

Native language: (poor) English

Postby KL Gryce » Tue 11.11.2008 1:06 am

Harisenbon wrote:
KL Gryce wrote:Chunichi fans scare the bejeeblets out of me. After moving to Ogaki,

How interesting. I live in Ogaki as well.

Also, that reaction definitely isn't limited to Chunichi Fans. If you were to cheer for the Giants in Osaka, you might get stabbed. ;)

True enough.

Small world, eh? I kind of miss Ogaki. There's a beautiful walkway along the canal that runs west of the castle and down past Sumiyoshi lighthouse, with a big fake waterfall and statues of Basho. It's probably full of leaves about now.
KL Gryce

Native language: English

Previous

Return to Japanese General Discussion