Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Need help translating instructions to a textbook.

Need help translating instructions to a textbook.

Japanese, general discussion on the language

Need help translating instructions to a textbook.

Postby Fleep » Sun 02.05.2012 10:54 pm

So After like about 3 years, I decided to make an attempt to learn Japanese again. I was planning to put this thread in the translation forum, but I believe its only for helping others translate questions from the materials they are working on and not instructions. I am not really too sure.

Anyways, I am planning to work with the "Minna no Nihongo" books. All the texts I have or come with English instructions in it, But I have a book from that set that is only Japanese. Its called "Japanese Kanji Book". The first one is the 1st page http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/5415/instructions1.png and the next one is the second page of instructions http://imageshack.us/f/818/instructions2.png/ I don't know any kanji or compounds at the moment, so it really makes it hard to translate those pages without furigana. Can anyone give me an overview of each of those section, and if you can transcribe the whole thing into English, that would be appreciated. The content within the book looks easy to follow, but I just want to make sure I'm following the instructions properly.

Thanks everyone!
Fleep

Native language: English

Re: Need help translating instructions to a textbook.

Postby Yudan Taiteki » Mon 02.06.2012 7:44 am

That book is intended for the native Japanese instructors using the textbook in their classes, so it's not necessarily something that you need to bother with.
-Chris Kern
Yudan Taiteki

Re: Need help translating instructions to a textbook.

Postby Fleep » Mon 02.06.2012 11:15 am

Ah ok, That makes sense. Thanks for letting me know.
Fleep

Return to Japanese General Discussion