Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Goodbye Japan!!!!

Goodbye Japan!!!!

Japanese, general discussion on the language

Goodbye Japan!!!!

Postby Smooth » Tue 11.01.2005 7:13 pm

Well ladies and gentlemen, my time in Japan has come to an end. I've been living in Okinawa for the past year and a half. And now I have to leave my gorgeous Japanese girlfriend, friends and lifestyle to go back to the United States. Wow am I ever going to miss this enchanting land. Although a few job offers have been placed in front of me, I'm going to go ahead and build up my company for a few years.

Me and my girlfriend are planning to have a baby this April. She is afraid to live anywhere outside of Japan, because she doesn't know any english. I keep telling her it's Daiyoubu, but she doesn't believe me. Either way, I'm really sad. My plane leaves this Saturday.

Also, I've been trying to log into this website for weeks and couldn't. I finally got in today. :o

上の写真をクリクして
Smooth

RE: Goodbye Japan!!!!

Postby Zensouken » Tue 11.01.2005 8:03 pm

I've been browsing here for awhile reading up on all the lessons (which are miraculous), your situation kinda sucks. I say you convince your GF to go with you to America, you could definately teach her basic English which is not too hard plus when you think about it, being here in America will force her to learn faster since she'll have to use it. But I'm sure you'll figure things out, good luck!
Zensouken

RE: Goodbye Japan!!!!

Postby Fred Watanabe » Wed 11.02.2005 1:47 am

keep in touch with her, go visit her whenever you can, keep an open mind, in the future you will probably get married and might want to live in Japan for her sake and the baby's.

I think she feels secure where she's at and thats perfectly understable.

Don't worry about it everything works out in the end.
In wealth, many friends; in poverty, not even relatives
Fred Watanabe

Return to Japanese General Discussion