Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - So you want to learn Japanese?

So you want to learn Japanese?

Japanese, general discussion on the language

So you want to learn Japanese?

Postby dreamingxashley » Mon 03.21.2005 10:20 am

Has anyone ever seen this page? A girl friend of mine showed it to me once, I thought it was hilarious. Although it sounds like the person absolutely loathes the language, its actually just a joke-rant. ^_^

http://pepper.idge.net/japanese/
--Ashley
dreamingxashley

RE: So you want to learn Japanese?

Postby Daisuke » Mon 03.21.2005 11:11 am

He must have been pretty bored the day he wrote this. -_-'
Daisuke
Site Admin

Postby Vengeance » Mon 03.21.2005 7:47 pm

Old news -.-. Read that yeeears ago. The guy sucks in my opinion, although A LOT of what he says is true - with a slight hint of exaggeration of course ;p.

When I first read it, I thought it was quite amusing but then he writes something at the end like "Actually, I'm studying Japanese and I really like it blah blah blah I'm an idiot with no life". - Well something like that anyway :P, which just made me pity him really.
Vengeance

Postby Spaztick » Mon 03.21.2005 10:59 pm

He said he was a major in Eastern Languages, I belive.
XD At this sig.
Number of people that have: 13
SaiaiKenja
Daisuke
Kodi
dreamingxashley
redfoxer
ben
Elumi
LordDisa
Kates
AaRoN
Rezeyu
Hideiko_san
roosh
ParanoiaK3
Spaztick

Postby Vengeance » Tue 03.22.2005 10:31 am

Exactly, so why write it? It's a waste of time and isn't that funny. I found the pictures amusing...not his actual writing.

Like the part where he talks about there is nothing funnier to a Japanese person than a gaijin speaking their language, and that pic of the girl laughing.

Which is quite funny, my teacher often laughs at us at times lol ¬_¬...bitch.
Vengeance

RE: So You Want to Learn Japanese

Postby Jess » Thu 03.24.2005 2:40 pm

Kinda boring. I skipped the first few paragraphs until I got to the ones about classmates. The pics weren't that funny but the Deer in the hEadlights thing was amusing.;)
Jess

Postby dreamingxashley » Thu 03.24.2005 2:45 pm

Jess thats the main thing that I thought was funny. I laughed so hard.
--Ashley
dreamingxashley

Postby Matsumoto_hideto » Sat 03.26.2005 2:16 pm

WOW
thats were it came from

i actually have seen that site before but i downloaded the Text im PDF form.....thats bizzare

mmmmmm

in my opinion it was a guy who was just joking around

or someone who had a bad experience to make him lose interest in the japanese culture

just some funny points

"Kanji are letters that were stolen from China. Every time the Japanese invaded China (which was very often) they'd just take a few more letters, so now they have an estimated 400 gazillion of them."

When tries to Explain Grammar

" English Sentence:
Jane went to the school.

Same Sentence In Japanese:
School Jane To Went Monkey Apple Carbeurator."

meh i think hes angry
自由た〜!!!
All things appear and disappear because of the concurrence of causes and conditions. Nothing ever exists entirely alone; everything is in relation to everything else.
Matsumoto_hideto

Postby KRed » Sat 03.26.2005 2:42 pm

Vengeance wrote:
Exactly, so why write it? It's a waste of time and isn't that funny. I found the pictures amusing...not his actual writing.

Like the part where he talks about there is nothing funnier to a Japanese person than a gaijin speaking their language, and that pic of the girl laughing.

Which is quite funny, my teacher often laughs at us at times lol ¬_¬...bitch.

I know plenty of people who laugh at my Japanese, I find my Japanese funny as well when I make a mistake (you have to laugh at yourself as well). I do it vice versa to Japanese people, we have a good laugh. The guy who wrote the article probably got too het up, he should take it easy and treat each laugh as a good learning experience.
KRed

Postby Datadog » Sat 03.26.2005 3:29 pm

This is some funny stuff, but it's also a parody-rant - not to be taken seriously. It's like reading something off of a [url=maddox.xmission.com/]Maddox[/url] or Seanbaby article - they aren't angry with something, they're just over-exaggerating issues they've had just to be funny. i.e. In Japanese, you mix two Kanji together to form new words like "Small" + "Woman" = "Carburator."

Not to mention that the essay has this disclaimer at the bottom:

This whole essay, although sprinkled with truisms here and there, is a joke and should be taken like one. I'm actually a Japanese major myself, and even if I've given it a bit of a hard time, I love the Japanese language, and I think everyone should give it a try.
Datadog

Postby Ady001 » Sat 03.26.2005 11:28 pm

Language learning is fun. And I think the Japanese have the right to be complicated. I believe that their system of writing, coupled with their advancement in technology, made them a rather complicated race to behold.
頑張らなくちゃ!
Ady001

Postby Ady001 » Sat 03.26.2005 11:28 pm

Language learning is fun. And I think the Japanese have the right to be complicated. I believe that their system of writing, coupled with their advancement in technology, made them a rather complicated race to behold.
頑張らなくちゃ!
Ady001

Return to Japanese General Discussion