Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Japanese Learning Videos, Bit torrent, etc.

Japanese Learning Videos, Bit torrent, etc.

Japanese, general discussion on the language

Japanese Learning Videos, Bit torrent, etc.

Postby Kodi » Mon 03.28.2005 11:55 am

Ok. I have ten, 30 minute, episodes of a japanese learning series which I recorded off BBC learning zone about two weeks ago. Right now I am re-encoding the first episode so that it is a smaller file. I got a guy who I met on holiday to check the program out. He was born in new zealand but is fluent in japanese. He said it looks about 15 years old (by the clothing people wear in the series) but it doesn't realy matter. He says that the rest is basicaly the same. Besides, BBC wouldn't show it if it was bad. :)

Anyway, I know how to do all the re-encoding to a smaller file size... Here is the important thing... I need to know how to get the file so that people can download off me... Can someone tell me how to upload with bit torrent?

Another problem is my upload speed. Actualy... Thats a whole different matter lol. I recently got a free update from 0.5mb down / 0.25 up To 1.1mb download but I don't know the upload speed anymore. It could be 1.1 upload or it could still be 0.25. Ah we shall see tho... :p
Last edited by Kodi on Mon 03.28.2005 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kodi

RE: Japanese Learning Videos, Bit torrent, etc.

Postby Riley » Mon 03.28.2005 1:14 pm

hey i found a link that can help you create a .torrent file:
http://www.sidewalkcrusaders.com/bthowt ... #THIRDSTEP
hope everything goes well :)
Riley

Postby Datadog » Mon 03.28.2005 1:47 pm

This wouldn't happen to be that "Let's Learn Japanese" series, would it?
Datadog

Postby Vengeance » Mon 03.28.2005 1:48 pm

Well, the only tracker I can find is the Pirate Bay's - http://tracker.piratbyran.org.

First, download completedir - this makes the torrent for the file/folder you are bittorrenting. There are many step by step guides to help but it's pretty easy to work out how to do it yourself.

Then sign up to thepiratebay and upload the torrent, tell us and we'll signup/download.
Last edited by Vengeance on Mon 03.28.2005 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vengeance

Postby Kodi » Mon 03.28.2005 1:49 pm

"Japanese Language and People"

Someone try to get the "Let's Learn Japanese" Series too! :)

I'll try to get this up tomorrow or the next day if possible.
Kodi

Postby nef919 » Mon 03.28.2005 3:16 pm

Not 100% sure on this, but basically after you finish reencoding the file, you can zip or rar it also, you open BT and go file -> generate torrent file. All that is left is to seed the file. In other words open your newly created .torrent. You don't need a tracker. You can then just distribute you .torrent file in whatever manner you wish. To download the file you open the torrent file. Try to seed the torrent for as long as you can. The good thing about BT is that once other leachers have parts of the file they then start feeding what they have to other leachers, so once parts of the program is on someone elses machine your upload speed for those parts becomes irrelevant. Hope this helps. Remember to only share legal content.
Last edited by nef919 on Mon 03.28.2005 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Donde la malicia es la pista. Donde el Diablo vive y Dios solo va de visita.
http://nefsrant.blogspot.com/
nef919

Postby Vengeance » Mon 03.28.2005 7:04 pm

You HAVE to have a tracker for BT to work...

The tracker is what connects all the people on the torrent and allows them to send/recieve data to each other. BT does NOT work without a tracker.
Vengeance

Postby Kodi » Tue 03.29.2005 6:08 pm

so long as you have a uk tv licence it is ok. (hmm well lets not talk about that if you dont...). Heh. well I think it is ok as often the bbc learning zones get recoded by school teachers to shot kids... its what they r there fore realy.
Kodi

Postby Datadog » Wed 03.30.2005 1:32 pm

I've only got one episode of "Let's Learn Japanese" I recorded onto VHS. The reason I've kept it so long is because is because it has this incredibly cheesy footage of someone pretending to be a superhero and I want to use that footage in something someday. But first I need to figure out how to transfer it over to my computer.
Datadog

Postby Spaztick » Wed 03.30.2005 3:35 pm

If you have FinalCut, you can log it digitally if you use a VCR and hook it up to your comp. But only Mac users have FinalCut, so....
XD At this sig.
Number of people that have: 13
SaiaiKenja
Daisuke
Kodi
dreamingxashley
redfoxer
ben
Elumi
LordDisa
Kates
AaRoN
Rezeyu
Hideiko_san
roosh
ParanoiaK3
Spaztick

Postby Datadog » Wed 03.30.2005 3:43 pm

I hear you can do it on Premiere, but I think I just need to figure out how to connect my VCR to my PC.
Datadog

RE: Shikamatzu

Postby AtakA » Wed 03.30.2005 3:49 pm

Does anybody know where in Inet I can find something about the Philosofy Shikamatzu??? ;)
Good Luck:)
AtakA

Postby Kodi » Fri 04.01.2005 7:15 pm

Hmm well I'm makin a little progress with the small amout of time I have had so far... :)
later than I thought because my normal re-encoding software which I use for some reason decided it would not encode audio into the new file. I couldn't leave it as it was as it was about 300mb for just 30min. I think something around 100-125mb would be more sensible.
Anyway, I found a new thing to encode with... 'Dr.DivX'. It's re-encoding right now. Bit slow compared to my normal software tho :|
I'm gonna go to bed in a bit tho so maybe tomorrow I'll manage to make it into a torrent. :p
Kodi

Postby Kodi » Sun 04.03.2005 6:16 pm

cudnt get it onto a torrent file . ill try again properly tomorrow. =)
Kodi

Postby bobbyjo » Sun 04.10.2005 7:56 am

Having any luck yet Kodi?

Really looking forward to seeing this programme!! :)
bobbyjo

Next

Return to Japanese General Discussion