View topic - Why You Want To Learn Japanese
1. Anime. A friend got me hooked on it a couple years ago, and I thought it would be nice to be able to watch it coherently in it's original language without resorting to dubs or subtitles.
2. T&T Supermarket. They've got great food, but I'll be darned if I know what it is. Not to mention that when cashiers start screaming at eachother over something, I won't be left out of the loop.
3. The girl who works at Bubble King,
4. I work in animation and media and I think Japan would be an excellent place to start a career.
- Posts: 118
- Joined: Fri 03.18.2005 7:14 pm
Well, like i said, nice to meet you all, and ill talk to you all later.B):D:DB):D
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Wed 03.23.2005 12:46 pm
Not that anime isn't bad, but manga is more popular in Japan (about 40% of printed materials), and only anime isn't a good reason for wanting to go to Japan. Look around and see what else you might like. If you only like anime, you'd be better off just staying where you are and watching it from there.
Number of people that have: 13
- Posts: 482
- Joined: Tue 01.25.2005 7:04 pm
The thought of going to a foreign country, that speaks a foreign language is a little scary. Think about your main basis for communication, everytime you communicate to someone verbally, and pretend you can't do that, not easy.
- Posts: 14
- Joined: Thu 03.17.2005 6:22 pm
My city had the largest Japanese immigrants before World War II in Southeast Asia, and through them, they developed the place a lot, which is quite remarkable because we were declared as a city only 30 years from the founding! Anyway, not a lot of japs here anymore, but they did sure leave a lot of things. So the reason...
- Posts: 34
- Joined: Tue 03.22.2005 11:33 am
im in love with japan since two years
and i cant get enuff !! >.<*
i like all! the food, the culture and of coz anime ;D
i want to learn japanese, cause i wanna life there when i grew up
i want more ^^ its so great
nice ² meet y\'aLL !
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Sun 03.27.2005 10:18 am
the next reason is that japanese movies are really NICE!! ranging from old stuff like Akira Kurosawa's 7th Samurai, and Kiriya Kazuaki's Casshern....and all the great animation works by Hayao Miyazaki...they're just all so great!!!....
and probably another reason is for the music.. j-music is really cool and for good obvious reasons...and literiture as well, i've read the english translation of "A Tale of Genji" and it really captivated my heart...whats more i think it'll be real cool if i'll be able to write poetry in japanese someday in the future!
please correct me if there's anything wrong in my sentence structure..TQ!
- Posts: 24
- Joined: Sat 03.26.2005 11:38 am
watashi wa Shingapooru kara desu, watashi wa Shingapooru, chuugoku jin desu
domo arigato gozaimasu.
I am from Singapore, chinese people, I learn Japanese is because their culture is very interesting, on the other hand, I want to know the Japanese girl over there, and intended to get Japanese girlfriend.B)
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Mon 03.28.2005 9:05 pm
- Posts: 696
- Joined: Mon 03.28.2005 5:17 pm
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests