Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Why You Want To Learn Japanese

Why You Want To Learn Japanese

Japanese, general discussion on the language

RE: Why You Want To Learn Japanese

Postby Sakaki-chan » Wed 03.09.2005 11:53 pm

I want to learn Japanese because of anime, like the food, music, and culture. I also want to study abroad there when I get to college.

My brother's in Japan right now and when I go to visit him in May he told me to learn hiragana so I can do karaoke. So i wanted to learn it before but I started trying to learn now because of what he said.
Sakaki-chan

Postby Sand warrior » Fri 03.11.2005 7:51 am

I am trying to answer the question but you all have answered every possible answer I could come up with but to tell you all my reel reason that there is no reason I want to learn japanes cuss I want to learn japanes I hope I answered your question
If only sand could talk
Sand warrior

Postby TokyoRoze » Fri 03.11.2005 10:59 am

Hmm well this thread is going good.... I love learning Nihongo at times.....then it gets difficult then it gets easy....aigh yiy yiy
Hiragana: 0/46
Katakana 0/46
Kanji: Kyuu4:0/80
TokyoRoze

Postby Daisuke » Fri 03.11.2005 11:07 am

Of course the thread is going good. It is a very good question, heh.. Well i agree with you. Sometimes Japanese is easy and sometimes hard. (BUT mostly hard!) :|
Daisuke
Site Admin

Postby Mitsugo » Sun 03.13.2005 8:37 am

Hello everyone,
I am at the moment teh newest member her*fg*
And i think that i am the first german one,am i right?

Okay i live in düsseldorf and hier in are living more then 5000 japanese so we got a little japanese coultur.
but why i love japan,language and the coultur couldn´t i explain.
All i can say a part inside of me that is japanese.sounds straight!
sorry for mistakes but my english is not the best and my japanese is even worther.

Nice Weekend to all.:D
Mitsugo

RE: Why I want to learn...

Postby Kagome_Akari » Sun 03.13.2005 1:32 pm

I want to learn japanese because, I'm moving to Tokyo!
Japan Rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kagome_Akari

Postby TokyoRoze » Sun 03.13.2005 8:09 pm

hey mitsugo uve seen battle royale? theres a second one out i am downlaoding it..... JAPAN RULES....and someone say how great of an english teacher i will be in japan one day....
Katakana 0/46
TokyoRoze

Postby Unkl_Shvelven » Sun 03.13.2005 8:46 pm

Kagome_Akari wrote:
I want to learn japanese because, I'm moving to Tokyo!

Verily, thou art the luckiest of us all! For thou art travelling to Japan, even to live there, whilst I am not.

Oh well.

P.S. I wish you good luck.
Best viewed on a computer with resolution.
Unkl_Shvelven

Postby Seventh_Force » Mon 03.14.2005 4:36 am

Hi, in the Forum n00b...

Umm, I wanna learn Japanese because I'm 1/2 Japanese... I was raised by my Filipino mother and grandparents. I was born in Yokohama, but I never got a chance to learn the language because my parents divorced when I was 6 months old... Someday, I will visit Japan and try to find my father.
Seventh_Force

Postby TokyoRoze » Mon 03.14.2005 11:01 am

Wow i like that, finding your father and all....kinda sad....good luck!
Katakana 0/46
TokyoRoze

Postby _strekoza » Tue 03.15.2005 4:47 am

Hello.
I decided to learn Japanese after Miazaki's "Tihiro no kamikakisi" spirited me away as well. (: I weren't an anime fun, but this story touched.
Now I find anime estetics very appealing, stories completely unique, Japanese tongue melodic, their culture perfect and girls most attractive.
My native language is Russian and when studing English and Deutsch it always required great effort, as I'm quite a lazy one. But I feel so enthusiastic about Japanese! I started it 6 months ago all by myself and now look for some classes.
I also have some experience in painting, so I begin thinking of applying to some animation studio in Japan as far my language reaches some adequate level.
(My location if someone wonders - Kiev, Ukraine, 26y.o.)
Last edited by _strekoza on Tue 03.15.2005 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
_strekoza

Postby toryn » Tue 03.15.2005 7:33 am

French, German, Indonesian and Latin (the other languages offered by my school for Year 8) were too difficult. Being a fairly decent English student, I see little difference between European languages, and had no tolerance for what I thought at the time was boring. Our school had never done Japanese before our grade, so it was something relatively new (aside from the on-and-off teaching we had for 5 years of primary school). In my final year now, and I've never been more interested in Japanese than right now. Go figure.

(Incidentally, today I sat for my Japanese Continuers Reading/Writing midcourse exam. Let's just say I should've done better.)
toryn

Postby Ao Tzuki » Thu 03.17.2005 8:07 pm

Japan is a beautiful country and i almost like everythin about it! Asian things always interested me! I thought also that it would be cool to understand everything japanese pep say!:D One of my dreams is to go to Japan and watch a sakura fubuki:)

oh! and sushi is not too bad!:p
Ao Tzuki

Postby Schattenjedi » Fri 03.18.2005 9:46 am

toryn wrote:
Being a fairly decent English student, I see little difference between European languages, and had no tolerance for what I thought at the time was boring.

Maybe you should delve a little deeper in the European languages if you think there is little difference between them. There are many related words (especially between French and English), but although I speak fluent German and English, all the other European languages are in their spoken form incomprehendable for me. In the written form you can usually get an idea what the topic is but not much more than that.
Schattenjedi

Postby toryn » Fri 03.18.2005 11:08 pm

You're right in that there are differences, structurally and in the way they sound/are spoken, but I think my problem rests on the fact that they are written in English/Roman letters (aside from a few specal letters). I know there's a difference, but I have trouble reading the difference, if that makes sense. I can pronouce a French phrase or title because it's cropped up in English many times before. When we were learning French in Year 7, I knew what I saw was French, but I associated it with English too much, and so I had trouble learning it.

Basically, the difference is in the script. I can read Japanese as a different language more easily (I think) because I'm not reading Romanised script. (And yes, I have issues with romaji, which is why it's so good that we never use it in class.)

I could probably try to learn another language now and have more success than in Year 7, but only because through Japanese I've been able to learn to separate grammatical structures in my mind.

Mind you, I'm no psychologist or linguist, so maybe I just have some sort of brain disorder. :D I was dropped on my head as an infant.
toryn

PreviousNext

Return to Japanese General Discussion