Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Best Japanese language school in Japan?

Best Japanese language school in Japan?

Japanese, general discussion on the language

Best Japanese language school in Japan?

Postby crzynikki » Mon 04.18.2005 10:32 pm

Hi everyone!
This is my first post, and I'm a big fan of this site! Anyway, I was curious if anyone knows anything about Japanese language schools in Japan. I'd really like to go to one for a few weeks/months to study Japanese, but I'm having trouble deciding which is the best school. Two of the ones I have been seriosuly looking at are LanguagesAbroad.com (http://www.languagesabroad.com)and the ARC Academy (http://www.arc.ac.jp/nihongo). Anybody know anything about these schools? Is either one better than the other? What about their legitimacy? Are there any other famous Japanese language schools in Japan? I'd really appreciate any feedback because I'd really like to do this soon! Thank you, everyone!

Nicole
crzynikki
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon 04.18.2005 10:25 pm

RE: Best Japanese language school in Japan?

Postby ben » Tue 04.19.2005 12:14 pm

Lucky! I am still trying to get into Japanese school were i live. (They havn't called me back about it.) But i would take either school, just to go to Japan.

Hope you find what you are looking for.
Learning slowly, but surely...


...maybe...
User avatar
ben
 
Posts: 161
Joined: Thu 02.24.2005 8:15 pm

RE: Best Japanese language school in Japan?

Postby Elumi » Thu 04.21.2005 1:49 pm

crzynikki wrote:
Hi everyone!
This is my first post, and I'm a big fan of this site! Anyway, I was curious if anyone knows anything about Japanese language schools in Japan. I'd really like to go to one for a few weeks/months to study Japanese, but I'm having trouble deciding which is the best school. Two of the ones I have been seriosuly looking at are LanguagesAbroad.com (http://www.languagesabroad.com)and the ARC Academy (http://www.arc.ac.jp/nihongo). Anybody know anything about these schools? Is either one better than the other? What about their legitimacy? Are there any other famous Japanese language schools in Japan? I'd really appreciate any feedback because I'd really like to do this soon! Thank you, everyone!

Nicole


My friend is studying Nihongo and took Intro to Linguistics as well for his study abroad program. He's at Sophia University, which I believe is in Tokyo. Well, he got there through his university so I have no idea how to do the same thing if your school does not offer this as a program. Gomen...
-=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=-
Saru mo ki kara ochiru
(Even Monkeys fall from trees)
User avatar
Elumi
 
Posts: 70
Joined: Wed 03.30.2005 2:12 pm

RE: Best Japanese language school in Japan?

Postby Mukade » Fri 04.22.2005 12:19 am

If you do a study abroad through a university, Sophia has a very good reputation.

I went to Kansai Gaikokugo Daigaku (Kansai Gaidai for short), and I thought the program was excellent. They have separate Speaking and Reading/Writing classes, and they place you according to your level in each (based on a pre-test at the beginning of each semester). They offer homestay opportunities and host a Conversation Partner program to pair you up with one of the regular Japanese students.

Kansai Gaidai is also conveniently placed between Osaka (modern metropolis) and Kyoto (traditional city). Touring opportunities are plentiful.
User avatar
Mukade
 
Posts: 775
Joined: Fri 02.18.2005 3:30 am
Location: Osaka
Native language: English
Gender: Male

RE: Best Japanese language school in Japan?

Postby crzynikki » Sat 04.23.2005 10:56 am

Thank you everyone for your wonderful suggestions! Sophia University was actually the school where students from my university would do the study abroad program. Unfortunately, I never had the money, and I have already graduated. I will look into Sophia anyway (maybe there's a summer program or something), That's why I'm looking into schools like Arc and LanguagesAbroad.com. If anyone has more suggestions, please share! Thanks again, everyone!

Nicole
crzynikki
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon 04.18.2005 10:25 pm

RE: Best Japanese language school in Japan?

Postby brokeasshachi » Sat 04.23.2005 8:11 pm

what about the japanese language and culture academy (i think thats it) in tokyo...


http://www.wle-japan.com


i was thinking about this.. whatcha think?
-Dave
brokeasshachi
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun 04.17.2005 1:41 am

RE: Best Japanese language school in Japan?

Postby Elumi » Sat 04.23.2005 9:11 pm

crzynikki wrote:
Thank you everyone for your wonderful suggestions! Sophia University was actually the school where students from my university would do the study abroad program. Unfortunately, I never had the money, and I have already graduated. I will look into Sophia anyway (maybe there's a summer program or something), That's why I'm looking into schools like Arc and LanguagesAbroad.com. If anyone has more suggestions, please share! Thanks again, everyone!

Nicole

My friend said that it's a hardcore Nihonggo class in Sophia U. Wow! He's having fun there and much was offered to him. So pretty much, that sounds like a good place to study although what was earlier mentioned sounds like a nice place for me. ;)
-=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=-
Saru mo ki kara ochiru
(Even Monkeys fall from trees)
User avatar
Elumi
 
Posts: 70
Joined: Wed 03.30.2005 2:12 pm

RE: Best Japanese language school in Japan?

Postby Elumi » Sat 04.23.2005 9:13 pm

Mukade wrote:
If you do a study abroad through a university, Sophia has a very good reputation.

I went to Kansai Gaikokugo Daigaku (Kansai Gaidai for short), and I thought the program was excellent. They have separate Speaking and Reading/Writing classes, and they place you according to your level in each (based on a pre-test at the beginning of each semester). They offer homestay opportunities and host a Conversation Partner program to pair you up with one of the regular Japanese students.

Kansai Gaidai is also conveniently placed between Osaka (modern metropolis) and Kyoto (traditional city). Touring opportunities are plentiful.


This sounds wonderful! Did you go there as an exchange student also? I think near Osaka and Kyoto is where I'd rather be although they'll probably place my in classes for kindergarten because of my present knowledge in Nihongo...
-=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=-
Saru mo ki kara ochiru
(Even Monkeys fall from trees)
User avatar
Elumi
 
Posts: 70
Joined: Wed 03.30.2005 2:12 pm

RE: Best Japanese language school in Japan?

Postby crzynikki » Wed 04.27.2005 11:22 pm

brokeasshachi-

Thanks for the suggestion! I will definitely check that site out. :)

I will also continue to scrutinize the Sophia U. homepage concerning any summer programs.

Nicole
crzynikki
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon 04.18.2005 10:25 pm


Return to Japanese General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests