do you like it?
yoshitsune

RE: Visual Kei...

Postby Tspoonami » Tue 09.19.2006 8:46 pm

yoshitsune wrote:
do you like it?

maybe if we were told what it was...

;)
Sometimes I think that I'm afraid of thinking, and that scares me.
Tspoonami

Postby hungryhotei » Tue 09.19.2006 8:49 pm

Tspoonami wrote:
yoshitsune wrote:
do you like it?

maybe if we were told what it was...

;)

Can’t anybody use wikipedia these days? :o What is the world coming to? ;)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visual_kei
Last edited by hungryhotei on Tue 09.19.2006 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
天気がいいから、散歩しましょう。
hungryhotei

Native language: English

Postby richvh » Tue 09.19.2006 9:53 pm

Why should we be expected to search for information on something the original poster knows about and wants an opinion on? A tad more information in the original post seems to have been called for.
Richard VanHouten
ゆきの物語
richvh

Postby prep_girl_Nessa » Tue 09.19.2006 10:29 pm

Visual kei ga chotto suki desu. Ongaku ga suki kedo, 'visual' ga suki dewa arimen.

Meh, I like a lot of V-kei bands, but it's more for their music, really.
- Harumi Nessa - 熱砂 春美(Just kidding ^_^'')
'Do you know what it feels like, loving someone who's in a rush to throw you away?
Do you know what it feels like, to be the last one to know the lock on the door has changed?
' - Enrique Iglesias <3
prep_girl_Nessa

Postby Mr Hensha » Tue 09.19.2006 10:33 pm

HAHA! I knew Miyavi'd be on that list. Miyavi's about the only one I like. I love the BLOOD's The Funeral for Humanity though.
AAWEEEAA!! この世界は私達の世界〜SOHL
ミヤビです!
Mr Hensha

Postby prep_girl_Nessa » Tue 09.19.2006 10:36 pm

Miyavi was what got me into J-Rock lol.

Half the reason I stick with Japanese is the rock music. It's the best :)
'Do you know what it feels like, loving someone who's in a rush to throw you away?
Do you know what it feels like, to be the last one to know the lock on the door has changed?
' - Enrique Iglesias <3
prep_girl_Nessa

Postby yoshitsune » Wed 09.20.2006 2:40 am

prep_girl_Nessa wrote:

Yea ! ^ ^ Miyavi Rocks !
I also like bands like Alice Nine, D'espairs Ray, An Cafe, & Gazette . Oh Dir en Grey are my all time favs too ! though, they're not so visual like before..they still rock.
yoshitsune

Postby prep_girl_Nessa » Wed 09.20.2006 2:52 am

yoshitsune wrote:
prep_girl_Nessa wrote:

Yea ! ^ ^ Miyavi Rocks !
I also like bands like Alice Nine, D'espairs Ray, An Cafe, & Gazette . Oh Dir en Grey are my all time favs too ! though, they're not so visual like before..they still rock.

Alice 9 = my new obsession lol. Actually, it's not really an obsession, but I really like them :)

An Cafe is pretty, but alot of their music is pretty bad, although they do have some good songs (I absolutely love the chorus to 'Maple Gunman,' that music video rock ^.^) Gazette's good too, when I'm feeling stressed, because I don't really like dark music, but I really like Gazette for some reason. Dir... I've heard a lot about them, but I only know one song... I think it's called 'Cage,' it's pretty good, but they are too dark for me. D'espairs... heard of them, never heard their stuff/seen them ever.

After I get over my Alice 9 obsession, I think I'm going to look into Kagra because I heard they were good... I just want to know everyone from P.S. Company (Do you know PS? That's the company Miyavi and A9 works for.) PS Co. has MYV, A9, Kagraa, Kra (who I can't stand -_-), and Gazette. Good stuff, mostly :)
' - Enrique Iglesias <3
prep_girl_Nessa

Postby mewarmo990 » Wed 09.20.2006 3:40 am

Since you asked for my opinion:

Chinese: ?Visual Kei? 是非常難看。

Japanese: "Visual Kei" が大嫌いです。

English: "Visual Kei" is a ridiculous phenomenon made up of emo J-Rockers. Their album covers make me bleed out of all of my bodily orifices, and my corneas melt. My lenses suffer severe myopial dysfunction, resulting in the hemorrhages of optical tissues that can be only described by terms far too ghastly for you insigniciant emo minds.

冗談だよ! Kidding... at least in that I have nothing against "emo" people, whatever that actually means.
Well, seriously, some VK band music isn't bad, but I'm not too interested. Dir en Grey has adopted a less flamboyant look now, btw.
Last edited by mewarmo990 on Wed 09.20.2006 3:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
mewarmo990

Postby aKuMu » Wed 09.20.2006 5:59 am

Most of the Visual Bands are just plain bad. (As you can see there are millions of them as indies and they Disband one after another) MOst of them have a really terrible Singer and they generaly sound all the same and look the same. But of course not all ;) But it seems like to me that of the fans are 14 Year old Femalese who just go for the looks. (they say they like the music too but that cant be with some bands :D)

2 Years ago i was at a Dir en grey concert, and 90% of the People where 14 Year old Screaming Girls :| They where screaming louder than the Music. I know Dir en grey are not Visual, but they get called that everytime... (media in Germany)

So erm what i wanted so say is, i dont care about all that Visual stuff, what counts is the Music.

Btw: I HATE all this "emo" hate talking. Every Music is Emo!
Last edited by aKuMu on Wed 09.20.2006 6:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
aKuMu

Native language: German

Postby hydevilist » Wed 09.20.2006 6:22 am

I like vkei bands!!! I like Kagrra, FATIMA, Due le quartz, -miyavi- (of course! :D), Gazette. But lately there are lots of new bands and I can't really keep up with them.
hydevilist

Postby prep_girl_Nessa » Wed 09.20.2006 9:10 am

Due Le Quartz.... I'm sorry, but that vocalist (Sakito?) was awful. I'm so glad MYV left them...
' - Enrique Iglesias <3
prep_girl_Nessa

Next

Return to Japanese General Discussion