Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - HAHA, People are lame

HAHA, People are lame

Japanese, general discussion on the language

HAHA, People are lame

Postby Variand » Wed 05.25.2005 4:52 pm

ok... for all those who find it amusing to watch how lame people can be... look at this OBVIOUS pile of crap. I recieved this from a member of the http://friends.thejapanesepage.com/ portion of this site. I wouldn't doubt if you recieved the same email. the email addywas removed and the name was changed to protect those of you who are gullible to believe that some jackass from the middle east was able to drudge up 18 million dollars and is willing to give it to some person he has never met.

Dear Sir/Ma,

As you read this, I don't want you to feel sorry for me, because, I believe everyone will die someday.
My name is Homer G Thudpucker a merchant in Dubai, in the U.A.E.I have been diagnosed with Esophageal cancer.. It has defiled all forms of medical treatment, and right now I have only about a few months to live,according to medical experts. I have not particularly lived my life so well, as I never really cared for anyone(not even myself)but my business. Though I am very rich, I was never generous, I was always hostile to people and only focused on my business as that was the only thing I cared for. But now I regret all this as I now know that there is more to life than just wanting to have or make all the money in the world. I believe when God gives me a second chance to come to this world I would live my life a different way from how I have lived it. Now that God has called me, I have willed and given most of my property and assets to my immediate and extended family members as well as a few close friends. I want God to be merciful to me and accept my soul so, I have decided to give also to charity organizations, as I want this to be one of the last good deeds I do on earth. So far, I have distributed money to some charity organizations in the U.A.E,Algeria and Malaysia. Now that my health has deteriorated so badly, I cannot do this myself anymore.I once asked members of my family to close one of my accounts and distribute the money which I have there to charity organization in Bulgaria and Pakistan, they refused and kept the money to themselves. Hence, I do not trust them anymore, as they seem not to be contended with what I have left for them.

The last of my money which no one knows of is the huge cash deposit of eighteen million dollars
$18,000,000,00 that I have with a finance/Security Company abroad. I will want you to help me collect this deposit and dispatched it to charity organizations.Please endeavour to reply me on my direct email address of dajackass@nottoday.com for confidentiality.I have set aside 10% for you and for your time.God be with you.

Yours,
Wormfood WIlliam
KINDLY FULFILL MY LAST WISH

please please please... do not tell me any of you actually responded to this email if you got it... if you did... prepare for identity theft, email hijacking, or even better if you were even stupid enough to give him your bank account number so he could, "transfer his funds to your account", your entire bank account cleaned out.

well just thought i would rant... Hey clay or anyone who is incharge of the Japanese: Friends page, PM me and i'll give you his Friends name and everything else... this has obviously gotta be some sorta breach of the ToS
Variand

AIM = FI Variand
Variand

RE: HAHA, People are lame

Postby ShinDig » Wed 05.25.2005 5:06 pm

lol what a prat...
ShinDig

Postby hyperconjugated » Wed 05.25.2005 5:11 pm

419 scams are probably one of the oldests scams on the interner. However, some individuals have actually scammed the scammers. LOL.

check
http://www.419eater.com/
Last edited by hyperconjugated on Wed 05.25.2005 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hyperconjugated

Native language: Finnish

Postby Variand » Wed 05.25.2005 5:25 pm

hyperconjugated wrote:
419 scams are probably one of the oldests scams on the interner. However, some individuals have actually scammed the scammers. LOL.

check
http://www.419eater.com/

AHAHA, awsome!!! that site deffinately goes down on my favorites list. ^_^
Variand

AIM = FI Variand
Variand

RE: I got that too I blocked him

Postby Kramersize » Wed 05.25.2005 6:10 pm

But I just got yahoo messenger last weekend and I visisted the stock chat room and some dork tried that stuff there too about how much money and blahblahblah and I told him to go find the suckers chat room and he got mad and it was funny but yea what dorks preying on the stupid oh well.
May You Live Long and Prosper
Kramersize

Postby Datadog » Fri 05.27.2005 1:17 pm

I had a friend who actually replied to those with the intent of getting revenge for being spammed. He actually managed to convince this guy for two months that he was going to give him money, but then kept stalling with excuses like heart surgery and such.

And then there was another guy who convinced the scammer that he had fallen in love with him during their correspondence, and the scammer kept on playing along. Then on the final e-mail where he was supposed to send him the information, my friend sent him a link to a very gross (and very famous) internet picture. I won't post the link here, but if "goats" means anything to anyone, you know what I'm talking about.
Datadog

Postby clay » Fri 05.27.2005 3:21 pm

It is insane... But there are people fooled everyday. I think some people are more cautious about trusting someone through snail mail than email.

I wasted a lot of time at 419eaters.com a while back. Sometimes it is good to see the good guys win! :)
clay
Site Admin

Postby Variand » Fri 05.27.2005 4:42 pm

Datadog wrote:

...but if "goats" means anything to anyone, you know what I'm talking about....

yeah, 3 words

Horrible
Mental
Scar

thanx for reminding me *shivers with disgust*

that is pretty funny though lol.
Variand

AIM = FI Variand
Variand

Postby jinksys » Tue 05.31.2005 12:26 am

I recieved a email from jfriends too, except it was a guy wanting to know if I wanted to help him launder money. LOL
Hello? Internets?
jinksys

Postby DivineMacabre » Tue 05.31.2005 10:46 am

I got something like that from MySpace. Some guy said that God wanted him to give me 250,000$ and for me to give it to charity. First I told them I don't believe in God *(which I do..but for the sake of THAT conversation I didn't)* And Second, there is no way in hell that I would give 250,000 away once I got it in my broke bank account.
DivineMacabre

Return to Japanese General Discussion