Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Where in 日本 do u want to live?

Where in 日本 do u want to live?

Japanese, general discussion on the language

Where in 日本 do u want to live?

Postby TokyoRoze » Sun 02.13.2005 5:18 pm

I want to live in either Tokyo or Toyohashi.
Hiragana: 0/46
Katakana 0/46
Kanji: Kyuu4:0/80
TokyoRoze

RE: Where in 日本 do u want to live?

Postby Mimee » Mon 02.14.2005 2:47 am

Anywhere in Japan would be fine. ^_^ ~ I say that because I read that it's kind of hard to get to live there as a citizen and not a tourist. ^_^;;
Mimee

Postby Danieru_X » Mon 02.14.2005 7:19 am

Id live anywhere there but id want to live in nikko because of the big drifto scene ^_^
DANIERU_X
Danieru_X

Postby Blue_Heart » Tue 02.15.2005 5:50 pm

Mimee wrote:
Anywhere in Japan would be fine. ^_^ ~ I say that because I read that it's kind of hard to get to live there as a citizen and not a tourist. ^_^;;

That's right. In JP, it's really difficult for a foreigner to immigrant in. In fact, most of foreigners here just stay in JP because of work for up to 3 years. That's the max years an ouside_JPese people can stay. B)
Anyway, to me, if i had chance to choose where to live in JP, i would like to live in Osaka. I love big city and Osaka is really a big one, big enough to satisfy my likeness but not as sophisticated as Tokyo.
***Friendship continues to grow over the longest distance
Same goes for true love***
Blue_Heart

Postby Mukade » Sat 02.19.2005 8:25 pm

...most of foreigners here just stay in JP because of work for up to 3 years. That's the max years an ouside_JPese people can stay.

No, that's not true. A standard work visa is limited to 1-3 years, but you can get it renewed as many times as you want. As long as you continue to have work, have a sponsor for your visa, and stay out of trouble, the government will usually give you a renewal with only a minimum amount of hassle.

Of course, there's also the spousal visal, which lasts 3 years at a time, and can be renewed with almost no trouble.

And if you've stayed here in Japan longer than 10 years, you can apply for a "permanent foreigner" visa, which (as you can tell by the name) allows you to stay here until you die. Be careful, though; if you piss off the authorities enough, they will take your visa away - even the "permanent" one.
Mukade

Native language: English

Postby jiro » Sat 02.19.2005 8:59 pm

Blue_Heart wrote:
Mimee wrote:

That's right. In JP, it's really difficult for a foreigner to immigrant in. In fact, most of foreigners here just stay in JP because of work for up to 3 years. That's the max years an ouside_JPese people can stay. B)
Anyway, to me, if i had chance to choose where to live in JP, i would like to live in Osaka. I love big city and Osaka is really a big one, big enough to satisfy my likeness but not as sophisticated as Tokyo.

thats where i think i would want to go is Osaka. cuz there is a lot of really interesting places there where people my age hang out like Amerika-mura!
jiro

Postby nyanya » Mon 02.21.2005 12:25 pm

If I lived there it would have to be Yokohama becase that's where I lived before and that's where all of my friends live.
*~matane~*
nyanya

Postby bobi_san » Mon 10.31.2005 2:53 pm

i want to live in tokyo;)
bobi_san

Postby toni » Mon 10.31.2005 2:59 pm

I'd like to live in Tokyo in the middle of all the hustle and bustle. :)
toni

Postby Kates » Mon 10.31.2005 4:03 pm

I'd live somewhere north of Nagoya this time. I missed the wide, open spaces I'm accoustomed to, and travelling in Japan is so easy, that living hours away from a big, awesome city wouldn't be so bad. Besides, I never got to travel north of Nagoya and I want to see what Japan is like up there. Or maybe somewhere on the 'west coast' of Japan... I never travelled over there at all either.
Kates

Postby nprz » Mon 10.31.2005 5:49 pm

Maybe somewhere in Kyuushuu. Too many foreigners in Tokyo. I want to live in an 田舎
nprz

Postby Kodi » Tue 11.01.2005 10:31 am

I'm never quite sure. I'm sure I'd love Tokyo but I'd get sick of how crapt it is and the pollution etc. I'd probably prefer a realy quiet place somewhere with a lovely view. Where is the most beautiful place?
Kodi

Postby Kodi » Tue 11.01.2005 10:39 am

Danieru_X wrote:
Id live anywhere there but id want to live in nikko because of the big drifto scene ^_^

Yeah, nikko looks nice. Especialy around all the shrines and temples. :)
Kodi

Postby colind » Tue 11.01.2005 11:33 am

I'm sure I'd love Tokyo but I'd get sick of how crapt it is and the pollution etc.

there's pollution? hehe I live in Tokyo at the moment and I think its a really clean place, no pollution problems as far as I've seen. But then again I have only been here one month ;)
colind

Postby Ongakuka » Tue 11.01.2005 12:35 pm

I also would choose to live in Yokohama. It is reasonably close to Tokyo, but my main reason is the fact that it is a port city, and I have a thing for the sea.
なぜなら、おまえは・・・・・・人形だ
Ongakuka

Next

Return to Japanese General Discussion