Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Additional flashcard sets for KingKanji(a flashcard program)

Additional flashcard sets for KingKanji(a flashcard program)

Japanese, general discussion on the language

Additional flashcard sets for KingKanji(a flashcard program)

Postby lgmcben » Sun 06.12.2005 6:00 am

I'm using a Japanese flashcard program called King Kanji.

The developer's website is

http://www.gakusoft.com/

If anyone also using this, do you know a good websites that provide additional flashcard sets?

I'm studying for level2 JLPT and need the flashcard set that contain both Kanjis and compounds for level2 JLPT. The sets provided in http://www.gakusoft.com/ contains only the Kanjis.

Thank you ^^
lgmcben

RE: Additional flashcard sets for KingKanji(a flashcard prog

Postby lgmcben » Sun 06.12.2005 12:56 pm

Excuse me again.

To those who is experienced in creating your own KingKanji Lesson files. By any chance, is there a way to convert MS excel document into KingKanji lesson?

I found a vocabulary list for JLPT level2 in excel format. The file contains the words, reading and meaning.

It would be sweet if we can turn it into KingKanji lessons without having to manually copy+paste them into the Lesson editor program. (will involve 10,000+ copying/pasting T_T)
lgmcben

Postby zengargoyle » Sun 06.12.2005 4:31 pm

anything is possible.

from a quick look at the docs (...\WinTools\KingKanji.html) it appears that this program uses
the quite common EDICT file format. see: http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~jwb/edict_doc.html.

your Excel spreadsheet should hopefully have 3 columns:

kanji | [reading1/reading2/.../readingN] | /meaning1/meaning2/.../meaning3/

example from jlpt2_02.kf:
泉 [セン/いずみ/いず] /spring/fountain/

where kanji and reading are kana in EUC encoding and everything else is in ASCII. just export that spreadsheet as plain text in EUC encoding with a single space as the delimiter with an extension of '.kf' any you'll be set.

note: the EDICT format doesn't support showing a kanji and it's compounds at the same time. at least not easily. you could force it by adding the compounds to the kanji or readings seperated with a 、or a / (EUC versions). or you could just add a seperate entry like you find in EDICT.

泉 [いずみ] /(n) spring/fountain/(P)/
泉下 [せんか] /(n) Hades/the hereafter/
泉貨紙 [せんかし] /(n) reclaimed paper/
泉水 [せんすい] /(n) fountain/miniature lake/(P)/
泉石 [せんせき] /(n) springs and rocks/
泉熱 [いずみねつ] /(n) Izumi fever (resembles scarlet fever)/
zengargoyle

Postby Gaijinian » Sun 06.12.2005 9:20 pm

日本語迫ヘ試験2級の準備をしておいていても、こう≫「Kanjis」で書いてあんだろぉ?変だ、そりゃ・・・。
日本語なら、複数形がないのがマダ知ってないのかあ?:(
怒られるな。冗談なんだから。wwだが、こうSamuraisやSushisなどでローマ字にされたら、頭痛になってしまうぞ。薬要んだ・・・。
俺も、2級を受けるかもしれないから、一緒に頑張ろッ!B)

実際に2級受ける場合、漢字が1000ぐらい読めないと。
ちなみに、いくら知ってんだ?

えぇーっと、俗語しかなくてごめん・・・。ラオレンズ先生、これ見たら書き直してくれる?w!!B):D
Last edited by Gaijinian on Sun 06.12.2005 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The harder they come, the harder they fall, one and all.
---
yawr.org
Gaijinian

Postby lgmcben » Mon 06.13.2005 8:40 am

Thank you very much. ^_^ I think I'll need to play with MS excel a bit to get this done. :)
lgmcben

Re: Additional flashcard sets for KingKanji(a flashcard program)

Postby nynepu » Tue 10.13.2009 3:24 am

from a quick look at the docs (...\WinTools\KingKanji.html) it appears that this program uses
the quite common EDICT file format. see: http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~jwb/edict_doc.html.

your Excel spreadsheet should hopefully have 3 columns:

kanji | [reading1/reading2/.../readingN] | /meaning1/meaning2/.../meaning3/

To zengargoyle

Do you remember?

"example from jlpt2_02.kf:
泉 [セン/いずみ/いず] /spring/fountain/

where kanji and reading are kana in EUC encoding and everything else is in ASCII. just export that spreadsheet as plain text in EUC encoding with a single space as the delimiter with an extension of '.kf' any you'll be set.

note: the EDICT format doesn't support showing a kanji and it's compounds at the same time. at least not easily. you could force it by adding the compounds to the kanji or readings seperated with a 、or a / (EUC versions). or you could just add a seperate entry like you find in EDICT.

泉 [いずみ] /(n) spring/fountain/(P)/
泉下 [せんか] /(n) Hades/the hereafter/
泉貨紙 [せんかし] /(n) reclaimed paper/
泉水 [せんすい] /(n) fountain/miniature lake/(P)/
泉石 [せんせき] /(n) springs and rocks/
泉熱 [いずみねつ] /(n) Izumi fever (resembles scarlet fever)/"

Well, I am trying to do the same. It would make creating lessons a breeze if I could just move around what I want in the spreadsheet instead of re-entering it in the lesson editor. Now I have discovered the Gakusoft kf files appear as CSV files to excel. If you open a file in Word it also appears as delimited and just use the EUC to import. I can export as EUC from word and only native files appear. If i create a custom file and save as EUC it does not show. and if i reopen the same attempted file it looks like windows encoded it as Big5 Chinese. If I save as PRN file it actually shows up in lesson editor, but all Kana is lost as ???? , do you know how to ensure EUC encoding out of excel?
nynepu

Native language: English

Re: Additional flashcard sets for KingKanji(a flashcard program)

Postby JaySee » Tue 10.13.2009 5:10 am

We appreciate your willingness to help, but have you had a look at the date of the post before yours? If you click on the original poster's nickname, you can see that he hasn't visited this forum in over 2 years either. If you have a question, it might be better to start a new thread instead of reviving one that is over 4 years old.
JaySee

Native language: Dutch

Return to Japanese General Discussion