Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - What would be a good way to learn Japanese?

What would be a good way to learn Japanese?

Japanese, general discussion on the language

What would be a good way to learn Japanese?

Postby Naruto721 » Tue 06.21.2005 12:51 am

Any tips that could help me remember this more easily? Thanks in advance!:D
Naruto721

RE: What would be a good way to learn Japanese?

Postby Schattenjedi » Tue 06.21.2005 9:09 am

Diligence.
Schattenjedi

Postby Naruto721 » Tue 06.21.2005 11:21 pm

Also, is there a printable version of kanji with the translations? For ex, it shows the character then below it the translation "ka". Thanks!
Naruto721

Postby Naruto721 » Tue 06.21.2005 11:44 pm

Yeah, I should've know that!:D Thanks!
Naruto721

RE: Tips On Learning Japanese From Nothing

Postby Christian_ » Wed 06.22.2005 12:07 am

Hi can anyone tell me what a good book to learn japanese is but like a average book not a bussiness and official book ( like maybe one that has some slang etc like the locals talk) and just a overall good book and i heard some things like their are 3 japaneses? kanji katankana and hirgana oh yeah and romanji. what is that and do i need to study them all. and in what order i would appreciate some tips on learning japanese i am considering learning it because it looks fun. so if anyone has some tips on learning japanese straight from the start without any prior knowledge that would be great, thanks
Christian_

Postby Christian_ » Wed 06.22.2005 12:09 am

im gonna start looking at the lessons or whatever that is for now, PS: how do you get the stupid smileys do you have to download something? lol thanks
Christian_

Postby Naruto721 » Wed 06.22.2005 11:13 pm

x911 wrote:
im gonna start looking at the lessons or whatever that is for now, PS: how do you get the stupid smileys do you have to download something? lol thanks

It should be under the message box.:)
Naruto721

Postby MenomaMinx » Sun 07.10.2005 3:26 pm

x911 wrote:
Hi can anyone tell me what a good book to learn japanese is but like a average book not a bussiness and official book ( like maybe one that has some slang etc like the locals talk) and just a overall good book and i heard some things like their are 3 japaneses? kanji katankana and hirgana oh yeah and romanji. what is that and do i need to study them all. and in what order i would appreciate some tips on learning japanese i am considering learning it because it looks fun. so if anyone has some tips on learning japanese straight from the start without any prior knowledge that would be great, thanks

Japanese for everyone published by Gakken ISBN 0-87040-853-3 manufacturers list price $30 U.S.

It's a precursor to the Genki learning series, and unlike that series, this textbook series is actually aimed at immediate practical use. It literally takes you off the plane and through every step of your everyday life in Japan. It's the best textbook I've come across for the person learning Japanese for personal usage purposes. The only problem is that it's an old book, although the last printing was in 2000, so this situation is not as bad as it could be . It's still available in reasonable amounts, but the accompanying tapes had been jacked up and price by anyone who still has them to $100 or more USED

There is one store in Australia who carries the tapes a reasonable price {about $40 U.S.} and a bootlegger on Amazon.com who sells a CD of the tapes he claims is legitimate $50 {it's not, but it's the same information, and much easier to work with them than real tapes}

The book is perfectly capable of being used without the tapes, but they're nice, and some exercises do require them..

The only thing is that you're going to have to learn your kana first for this book hiragana and katakana -- which I think you can learn from the site well enough to use the book :-)
Click below daily or a bunch of starving people will come to your house to eat you!(Either way, problem solved :-)
http://www.quickdonations.com/ http://www.donationjunction.com
MenomaMinx

Return to Japanese General Discussion