Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - is my nihon go good? :3

is my nihon go good? :3

Japanese, general discussion on the language

RE: is my nihon go good? :3

Postby Dehitay » Sat 07.07.2007 12:00 pm

sei wrote:
Out of curiosity, what is "dumpster diving"?

If it is what I think it is, then we don't have a law against it in Portugal. Our... hmm... trashes(?) are public, so anyone could (and goes) pick things from it. I don't think there was ever problems with it.

It's probly what you think it is. When somebody goes through somebody else's trash and picks out stuff they want. It really wasn't a problem until identity theft became such a big issue. People now go through trash looking for person information like bank accounts, social security numbers, credit card information, and other things that can be used to steal a person's money. That's why it's not tolerated anymore
www.bananamonkeyninja.com
The only webcomic endorsed by Banana Monkey Ninja
Dehitay

Native language: English

Postby sei » Sat 07.07.2007 12:23 pm

Dehitay wrote:
It's probly what you think it is. When somebody goes through somebody else's trash and picks out stuff they want. It really wasn't a problem until identity theft became such a big issue. People now go through trash looking for person information like bank accounts, social security numbers, credit card information, and other things that can be used to steal a person's money. That's why it's not tolerated anymore

Ah I see. Thank you.

But I don't think those things happen in Portugal. I'm not sure why, maybe we don't throw away such information, or don't usually have it on paper.
Questions? Feel free to ask. :)
sei

Native language: Portuguese

Postby katafei » Sat 07.07.2007 12:49 pm

sei wrote:
I don't think those things happen in Portugal. I'm not sure why, maybe we don't throw away such information, or don't usually have it on paper.

LOL
What an unusual country Portugal must be :D

when I had to take my mothers laptop to the PC-guy, it had no trouble picking up a signal. Just goes to show how many unprotected modems are about!

So I'm very grateful for the advice I got here!

Infidel, I'm not about to make a judgment call, my record isn't exactly squeeky clean either.
But in these matters it is very difficult to draw the line between small-time and big-time.
When someone is on a limited data-account and doesn't know he's being tapped, it could seriously run up his bill.
And I'm sure you don't, but noone can check on whether the other user is spamming, or worse, from your IP.

Oh, well, at least there are more people now who know about protecting their wireless.... (love that word :D)
We are all but images of our time
katafei

Native language: Dutch; Female

Postby sei » Sat 07.07.2007 2:22 pm

katafei wrote:
LOL
What an unusual country Portugal must be :D

Well, if we don't have those kinds of problems, then it can only be good. ;)
Questions? Feel free to ask. :)
sei

Native language: Portuguese

Postby Infidel » Sat 07.07.2007 11:39 pm

In the US, there is nothing legal about that manner of acquisition. Dumpster diving is a crime in all 50 states I believe.

Nope. You're wrong.

Computer illiteracy is wide spread even amongst technological countries. I wonder if those Indians who can theoretically solve all your computer problems be reading off a screen would cover this topic. Or maybe they should have to pay extra for the Geek Squad from Best Buy to come by and fix it.

None of that is an excuse when there are plenty of places on the internet that details how to set up an encrypted connection, or just reading the directions.

Even if something doesn't directly inconvenience somebody, that doesn't mean it's not wrong.

This is an amoral argument.
なるほど。
さっぱりわからん。
Infidel

Native language: 英語

Postby Dana Craig » Sun 07.08.2007 3:45 am

off-topic reply: chikubi, can u explain ur display pic plz.....? i'm still shocked.... =P
Last edited by Dana Craig on Sun 07.08.2007 3:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dana Craig

Postby Chikubi » Mon 07.09.2007 12:55 pm

Dana Craig wrote:
off-topic reply: chikubi, can u explain ur display pic plz.....? i'm still shocked.... =P

Well it's a kid with a big smelly feet against his face! U don't like smelly feet pressed against your face? :P

* lol " i'm still shocked...."
I Like KFC, the original one!
Love SPITZ!!!
Chikubi

Postby Dana Craig » Tue 07.10.2007 11:21 am

its grose....
Dana Craig

Postby UtsusuAssassin » Tue 07.10.2007 2:31 pm

jonnaneko-chan wrote:

corrections:

konnichi wa!

watashi no namae wa jonnaneko-chan desu

watashi wa Nihonjin de wa arimasen

kimi wa kawaii demo watashi wa kawaii de wa arimasen

doozo joroshiku :3

if something is wrong then please help ^____^ XD

unlike some of the other people here(or one of them, I've only come across one loser -_-l|l)
It's hard to catch these errors when you're new at nihongo, but that's fine because I'm assuming you're self studying? I did that too so I sort of understand the disadvantages XD. First correction: it is "konniCHI wa" Explanation: although the character is written as "ha", when spoken, it is pronounced as "wa". The only time ha is used as "wa", is when it follows the subject of the sentence ex.) watashi. "I" is the subject of the sentence. There are also other exceptions when using hiragana, so instead of having to listen to me go on and on, I suggest you go and buy a Hiragana beginner's workbook. That way you can dig into it at your own pace and decide whether you want to continue this frustrating journey. (has studied this language for 1/3 of her life) ugh but that's okies cuz I'm still young XD!! I hope this response does not confuse you any further, if it has, I'm sorry X_x. Oh yea and don't bother responding to the rude people and don't bother reading their responses.
UtsusuAssassin

Postby Dana Craig » Wed 07.11.2007 6:00 am

i noticed your signature jonnaneko-chan, "kimi wa kimi dake shika inai yo ^______^". i'm pretty sure it was meant to mean:" there's no one but you", am i right?
i'd suggest that you change it into :"kimi shika inai yo!" i guess -grammaticaly- it's more correct. still i need everyone's approval of this, cus i'm not 100% sure =P

use of -shika-
http://www.guidetojapanese.org/amount.html#part4 B)
Dana Craig

Postby Valatunda » Wed 07.11.2007 6:52 am

UtsusuAssassin and Dana Craig, I think your attempts are in vain. Jonnaneko-chan does not exist. It was an account made out of boredom by Xurma.

Xurma wrote:
Hello.

You might already have realized this but It seems obvious that I made this thread with fake account. I was so bored and made this thread and wanted to see how people reacted, but it seems that I've been revealed.

Anyway, sorry everyone. ;)

Let's end this thread here.

Maybe this thread should be locked now?
Valatunda

Native language: 英語

Postby AJBryant » Wed 07.11.2007 8:55 am

You know, UtsusuAssassin and Dana Craig, there's a REASON someone should read the whole thread before responding.

If you had done so you would have known that Xurma made a sockpuppet (something we generally frown on here) to make a "funny" trolling post (something we DEFINITELY frown on here).

I personally don't see a need to lock the post -- I think we should just let it fade away like all the other posts, and if someone else SHOULD come along and not read the whole thing and try to answer anything, we'll just make fun of them here like anywhere else where someone does something they should know better than doing. :)

Tony
AJBryant
Site Admin

Postby Dana Craig » Wed 07.11.2007 12:19 pm

i think it proved that i CAN to be helpful! this ends now, bye
Dana Craig

Postby two_heads_talking » Wed 07.11.2007 1:18 pm

IN THIS CASE.... helping a fictional character is like feeding food to a dead man. you look good trying to do it, but the actual thing you are doing is pointless.. (see what I did there?)

edit(because i can't type)
Last edited by two_heads_talking on Wed 07.11.2007 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
two_heads_talking

Postby UtsusuAssassin » Wed 07.11.2007 2:24 pm

tanuka wrote:
[center]i think people who create new accounts just to make a joke r *so* PATHETIC!!! lolz

bai bai

☆tanuka☆[/center]

watashi mo...
\"Hajimete moratte kisu ga saigo no kisu nante kanashii...\" -Me

Translation:
\"I got my very first kiss... but it was also my last kiss[with him], that\'s why I\'m sad...\"

\"Sometimes the most valuable lessons can\'t be learned on a chalkboard.\" -unknown
UtsusuAssassin

PreviousNext

Return to Japanese General Discussion