View topic - Connecting to Chat with Pidgin (Formally GAIM)
-> The Rules <-
What is Pidgin?
Pidgin is a multi-protocol Instant Messaging client that allows you to use all of your IM accounts at once.
1. Download and install Pidgin from http://www.pidgin.im.
2. Open Pidgin and click Accounts then Add/Edit.
3. Click Add and you'll see the window below.
4. Set Protocol to XMPP. Set Screen Name to your TJP username. Set domain to chat.thejapanesepage.com.
5. Click the advanced tab and set Connect Server to chat.thejapanesepage.com.
Press save and Pidgin will attempt to connect to the chat server. If everything goes well you'll be asked for a password, afterwards you should be connected.
Accessing The Room List
On your main buddy window go to Tools then Room List. Select the correct account, it should be like email@example.com, then click Get List then Find Rooms.
You should now be shown the list of TJP chat rooms. Double click the room you wish to enter and have fun!
- Posts: 595
- Joined: Sat 01.29.2005 4:12 pm
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests