Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Encoding problems... Can anyone help?

Encoding problems... Can anyone help?

Japanese, general discussion on the language

Encoding problems... Can anyone help?

Postby prep_girl_Nessa » Thu 10.25.2007 3:05 pm

Hey all!

Alright, so I've been looking for some lyrics for a long time, and I think I finally found a few of them on a website. The only problem is, the website uses some kind of Flash Player type thing, and I can fix my encoding so I can see everything in good Japanese around the box, but I can't actually read the box.

A link so maybe you can see what I mean - http://lyric.kget.jp/lyric/hu/qz/

I was wondering if there was any way to fix that. I changed the character encoding to everything I could think of and it doesn't affect it at all, and I can't find a few of these lyrics anywhere else. Any help would be greatly appreciated. ^_^

Edit - I uploaded a screen shot so maybe people can see what I mean better -
Last edited by prep_girl_Nessa on Thu 10.25.2007 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Harumi Nessa - 熱砂 春美(Just kidding ^_^'')
'Do you know what it feels like, loving someone who's in a rush to throw you away?
Do you know what it feels like, to be the last one to know the lock on the door has changed?
' - Enrique Iglesias <3
prep_girl_Nessa

RE: Encoding problems... Can anyone help?

Postby leergierig » Thu 10.25.2007 3:45 pm

Did you mean like this?

How to get this?
こうやって。

OK, go to Control Panel. Double click on Regional and Language Options. Select the Advanced tab at the top. Choose Japanese in the top list box. Click Apply. Restart your computer. The Flash Player should now display Japanese correctly.

You might want to change it back to English after finishing - unless you don't mind having some other programs in Japanese as well.

Hope that helps.

By the way, nice song. :D
leergierig

Postby prep_girl_Nessa » Thu 10.25.2007 10:56 pm

YES!! It totally worked, you have no idea how happy you've made me. Thank You!!!! ^_^

PS - Are you being sarcastic or do you really like the song? Because I think it's an awesome song; I love Rain :D
- Harumi Nessa - 熱砂 春美(Just kidding ^_^'')
'Do you know what it feels like, loving someone who's in a rush to throw you away?
Do you know what it feels like, to be the last one to know the lock on the door has changed?
' - Enrique Iglesias <3
prep_girl_Nessa

Postby leergierig » Fri 10.26.2007 7:25 am

Glad it worked.

Nope, no sarcasm intended. I really like the song.

Now, THIS would have been sarcasm:
By the way, nice song. :@
leergierig

Return to Japanese General Discussion