Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Dirty Threads

Dirty Threads

Japanese, general discussion on the language

Dirty Threads

Postby Gakusha » Tue 07.19.2005 1:09 pm

Why is it that over the last few days, many dirty threads have appeared on the forums here? Can't people just keep their discussions clean and G-rated?
赤い猿の学者
Gakusha

RE: Dirty Threads

Postby MenomaMinx » Tue 07.19.2005 1:27 pm

which threads?
Click below daily or a bunch of starving people will come to your house to eat you!(Either way, problem solved :-)
http://www.quickdonations.com/ http://www.donationjunction.com
MenomaMinx

Postby raevin » Tue 07.19.2005 2:57 pm

MenomaMinx wrote:
which threads?

This is an example...I some-what agree. There has been more "perverse" threads as of late, but they won't stop anyways...there should be censorship on this board though (filters for bad words).
raevin

Native language: English

Postby clay » Tue 07.19.2005 3:26 pm

If you guys see anything that is absolutely awful, please PM me. I definitely want to keep things Family friendly :).
clay
Site Admin

Postby Daisuke » Tue 07.19.2005 5:49 pm

I have not been very active lately, but i am back and ready to administrate the forums again. I do normally not let anything suspecious or dirty stay on the forum very long. ;)
Daisuke
Site Admin

Postby MenomaMinx » Tue 07.19.2005 6:25 pm

raevin wrote:
MenomaMinx wrote:
which threads?

This is an example...I some-what agree. There has been more "perverse" threads as of late, but they won't stop anyways...there should be censorship on this board though (filters for bad words).

I'm an example of perversity?!?

What did I do to ever make you think this?

That's a horrible thing to say about somebody without any explanation :-(

There is something else I should mention however. The shoutbox has people cursing up a storm on a regular basis. As a former moderator at IGN messageboards, you can imagine how crazy this is driving me not being able to do anything about it.
Click below daily or a bunch of starving people will come to your house to eat you!(Either way, problem solved :-)
http://www.quickdonations.com/ http://www.donationjunction.com
MenomaMinx

Postby Harisenbon » Tue 07.19.2005 6:44 pm

MenomaMinx,

The THIS was a link. He wasn't referring to you. ;)
Want to learn Japanese the right way? How about for free?
Ippatsu // Japanesetesting.com
Harisenbon

Native language: (poor) English

Postby Shibakoen » Tue 07.19.2005 6:59 pm

I sure hope you weren't talking about my explanation of the "cow" thing. I tried to tone it down because I know that there are younger users of this forum, but I mean if they really want to know there's not really a way to sugarcoat it. If you can think of another way to say it, I'll be glad to edit it. And I certainly apologize if I offended anyone. It's just that since I lived and worked with several foreign women while I also have several friends who are japanese women, including my girlfriend, I thought I'd try to give an informed answer. I admit my response would probably be rated 'PG' but if you can find a way to express those views in a 'G' rated manner, please let me know.
Shibakoen

Postby Daisuke » Tue 07.19.2005 7:13 pm

Seems like that thread causes alot of trouble, huh?..

Yes, there are younger users on this board, but i don't think they read through all that stuff at all. Just the title makes them avoid the thread. Not because there is anything wrong with the title, but i think it's out of their interest to check such a topic.

And the youngest users, do mainly use the anime board and the chat. I don't know if i am completely wrong, but oh well, if it causes anymore trouble i will just delete the thread.
Daisuke
Site Admin

Postby Naruto721 » Tue 07.19.2005 7:36 pm

Yeah, I went on a couple of days ago and some person named "Benji" was filling up the Shoutbox with cussing and other crap.

Man, I hate it when people act like that...
Naruto721

Postby Harisenbon » Tue 07.19.2005 8:34 pm

Really? I wasn't offened at all my the cow comment, because you were clearly talking about something you've seen on another site, and said "do people really think like this?" You also described it as a kind of disturbing, and asked where it came from. Although I think Cow might have been a bit harsh. Obese might have been better.

Compare this to jinksys, who called all japanese women Wh*res, and we see a very different tone. You'll also notice that the replies to your post were much more civil than to his.

As for the shoutbox, it seems to be a center for juvinille postings and that does invite a certain amount of inflamitory language. In Japanese and english.
Harisenbon

Postby raevin » Tue 07.19.2005 9:25 pm

Sorry for any mix-up. I wasn't putting the blame on anyone, just pointing out that the content of the thread was "dirty"...I wasn't taking into account where the info was from or anything, just what was in it period.
raevin

Native language: English

Postby clay » Tue 07.19.2005 9:36 pm

That thread linked to isn't bad. I am sure it was just a quick example of a topic that could degenerate quickly. :)

I will try to keep a closer eye on the shoutbox and so will the other mods. One problem is I can't register some dirty words since they often appear in Japanese words. gozaimashita for example... Of course, one solution would be to make 'romaji' illegal :D
clay
Site Admin

Postby Harisenbon » Tue 07.19.2005 9:55 pm

Clay, if you made romaji illegal, I would be your biggest fan. :D
Harisenbon

Postby Gaijinian » Tue 07.19.2005 10:35 pm

I guess that would make be your second biggest fan:D
The harder they come, the harder they fall, one and all.
---
yawr.org
Gaijinian

Next

Return to Japanese General Discussion