Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - How to be fluent?

How to be fluent?

Japanese, general discussion on the language

RE: How to be fluent?

Postby Yudan Taiteki » Sun 12.02.2007 12:34 am

It depends on what manga and what book, of course. In general I would personally say manga are much easier than books.
-Chris Kern
Yudan Taiteki

Native language: English

Postby NocturnalOcean » Sun 12.02.2007 12:47 am

I recommend reading a manga called Aria. It is has very understandable language, not too much of the crazy manga language, it uses furigana as well.
And the stories itself are just wonderful.
Last edited by NocturnalOcean on Sun 12.02.2007 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
失敗は成功の元
NocturnalOcean

Native language: Norwegian

Postby TrashTreasurer » Sun 12.02.2007 12:58 am

NocturnalOcean wrote:
I recommend reading a manga called Aria. It is has very understandable language, not too much of the crazy manga language, it use furigana as well.
And the stories itself are just wonderful.

furigana, you say? I gotta look into this, in that case. My main method (although I haven't used it too often) of learning kanji is to read japanese literature, look up the kanji as I approach it, in hopes that I can learn what context the kanji is used and so on. However, I can't look up kanji in my dictionary right, not sure how, it happens on accident, so the furigana would be nice. Thread hijack? sorry. Moral of the story, I likes the furigana until I can look up kanji the right way.
I want a clever signature, but I spent all my time trying to come up with a clever post!
TrashTreasurer

Previous

Return to Japanese General Discussion