Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Sentence with に and で particles

Sentence with に and で particles

Have a Question about some Grammar point? Share it with the world!

Sentence with に and で particles

Postby Sivak » Thu 05.07.2009 11:34 pm

Hey all. I have been using Genki for a few days now and like it. I just want to see if my thought process is right.

I'm studying how verbs work and was looking at the particles でand に. "de" for where and "ni" for when. I'm wondering about combining them into a sample sentence and hoping my logic is right.

My guess: 僕は月曜日に家でピザを食べます。
What I want it to say: I will eat pizza at home on Monday.

It's a silly example, I know, but did I guess right?

ありがとうございます。 8)
Sivak

Native language: English

Re: Sentence with に and で particles

Postby furrykef » Thu 05.07.2009 11:47 pm

Yep! Although I think it's customary to say "thanks in advance" using よろしくお願いします rather than ありがとうございます. ^^; (I think you can omit the よろしく, though.)
Founder of Learning Languages Through Video Games.
Also see my lang-8 journal, where you can help me practice Japanese (and Spanish, and Italian!)
furrykef

Native language: Eggo (ワッフル語の方言)

Postby Kodama_30 » Mon 05.11.2009 7:29 pm

furrykef wrote:Yep! Although I think it's customary to say "thanks in advance" using よろしくお願いします rather than ありがとうございます. ^^; (I think you can omit the よろしく, though.)

To the OP; even though my knowledge is somewhat limited, I can't see a problem at all there.
And to furrykef, are you suggesting to use お願いします to mean 'thanks in advance'? I thought it was purely intended as a way of humbly requesting something. Could you confirm this for me? :mrgreen:
Kodama_30

Postby Yudan Taiteki » Mon 05.11.2009 7:40 pm

Kodama_30 wrote:And to furrykef, are you suggesting to use お願いします to mean 'thanks in advance'? I thought it was purely intended as a way of humbly requesting something.

Aren't you humbly requesting something when you ask someone to answer your language question?
-Chris Kern
Yudan Taiteki

Native language: English

Return to Grammar Questions and Problems