Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Subscript Hiragana Vowels? Ex. : じゃねぇ、etc.

Subscript Hiragana Vowels? Ex. : じゃねぇ、etc.

Have a Question about some Grammar point? Share it with the world!

Re: Subscript Hiragana Vowels? Ex. : じゃねぇ、etc.

Postby Asevela » Fri 05.04.2012 2:29 pm

richvh wrote:Question mark: ぎもんふ or shift-/ and go through the IME's choices to find it, exclamation point: かんたんふ or shift-1 and go through the IME's choices. This all with a US keyboard.

That’s what I thought it should be, but shift 1 still gives me ぬ and shift / gives me the dot that goes between katakana words: ・.

Thank you for the words, though, that’s what I’ve been trying to find.
Asevela

Postby richvh » Fri 05.04.2012 3:49 pm

Asevela wrote:
richvh wrote:Question mark: ぎもんふ or shift-/ and go through the IME's choices to find it, exclamation point: かんたんふ or shift-1 and go through the IME's choices. This all with a US keyboard.

That’s what I thought it should be, but shift 1 still gives me ぬ and shift / gives me the dot that goes between katakana words: ・.

Thank you for the words, though, that’s what I’ve been trying to find.

If you hit space a couple times after ぬ or ・ it will bring up a selection list, which near the end has ! or ?.
Richard VanHouten
ゆきの物語
richvh

Postby Asevela » Fri 05.04.2012 3:59 pm

I know about the space thing, and they're not on the list. ぬ has ぬ濡ヌ, and ・ has ・・//. Maybe it's some properties thing, but I haven't been able to figure it out.
Asevela

Postby lopka » Sat 06.09.2012 4:15 am

In my keyboard (Japanese PC, but I don't think it makes a difference?), if you type "nele", it becomes ねぇ, since you don't really use the L...
Also, typing "who" would give you うぉ as in ウォークインクロゼット for instance...

Sometimes I also have a hard time figuring out exactly what feelings people want to convey when ending their sentences with those. Like, my co-worker wrote "誕生日パーティー来週**家ふぉー!" :shock: I'm still wondering if he had something to drink at that particular time or it is just that my Japanese is too poor, lol
Have no idea what the ふぉー is supposed to mean^^;;

Oh, パーティー is also written with "thi-" :)
lopka

Previous

Return to Grammar Questions and Problems