Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - This has nothing to do with Particles.

This has nothing to do with Particles.

Have a Question about some Grammar point? Share it with the world!

This has nothing to do with Particles.

Postby ParanoiaK3 » Sun 11.20.2005 10:50 pm

I see lists of particles, but then I see some I've never read about!! Like "da", which is almost equivalent to "is".

Can anyone give an entirely FULL guide for particles? It irritates me looking stuff up because some are very uncommon. :(

Also, can someone translate and explain the meanings of "ja ne" and "mata ne" please?

THANK YOU! I love you all! :-D
ParanoiaK3

RE: This has nothing to do with Particles.

Postby Harisenbon » Mon 11.21.2005 1:00 am

da is really not a particle, and is just the plain form of desu, which is the be verb in Japanese.

(at least in my thinking) there is a strange line between particles and grammatical phrases. There are only a few classical particles (like は、に、で、を、が、etc), but some people consider grammatical structures such as いかん (計画のいかん・・・) to be particles as well. If it's the second one you're asking for, then finding a complete list will be rather difficult, as a complete list would be the entirety of Japanese grammar.

じゃあね is a phrase which means "see you later" The じゃあ comes from "well..." and the ね is a sentence ender.

またね is a phrase with the same meaing. また means "later" and the ね is the same ね as above.

Hope that helps.
Want to learn Japanese the right way? How about for free?
Ippatsu // Japanesetesting.com
Harisenbon

Native language: (poor) English

RE: This has nothing to do with Particles.

Postby ParanoiaK3 » Mon 11.21.2005 1:19 am

Mmhmm, thanks Harisenbon!

That does help. I heard "Ja ne... mata ne." and the subtitle was "See you... then," on a movie.

:-D Well.. see you? Sounds alright.:D
日本は好きです。
ParanoiaK3

Return to Grammar Questions and Problems