Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - What's "Hey babe!" in Japanese?!!

What's "Hey babe!" in Japanese?!!

Do you have a translation question?

Re: What's "Hey babe!" in Japanese?!!

Postby chikara » Wed 12.17.2008 1:04 am

tokai devotee wrote:.....this initial burst of testosterone was discussed there and it explains a lot of the behaviour of boys aged between 4 and 5. They may not be "full" of testosterone, but they certainly have some!

That is true.

However I was suggesting that maybe he is simply copying his fathers behaviour towards women :P
Don't complain to me that people kick you when you're down. It's your own fault for lying there
chikara

Native language: English (Australian)

Postby tōkai devotee » Wed 12.17.2008 3:23 am

Actually his father is a bit of a sukebe :o but I don't think he sees enough of his father for him to have to much of an influence on him. (He works 2 jobs.)
Must be in the genes?! Maybe? :mrgreen:
tōkai devotee

Native language: Australian!

Postby two_heads_talking » Wed 12.17.2008 10:10 am

tokai devotee wrote:
chikara wrote:A 5 year old is definitely not full of testosterone but they are very good mimics of those around them. :wink:

It may be true that they mimic those around them, but 5 year olds DO have a burst of testosterone. Some recent studies have shown this to be true. I was talking to a lady (a kindergarten teacher) who recently went to a conference about early childhood development and she said that this initial burst of testosterone was discussed there and it explains a lot of the behaviour of boys aged between 4 and 5. They may not be "full" of testosterone, but they certainly have some!

They do get a boost at 5.. but it's not specific to boys.. both boys and girls get it.. So, saying boys will be boys because they get a testosterone boost is saying it's mutually exclusive to boys and that is not the case.. It's more a case of what boundaries have or have not been in place for those boys.. My nephews are perfect examples.. 4 boys whose parents are both working and hardly around, have boys that are completely out of control. 2 boys whose mother is there all the time and their father spends time with them and sets up rules for them and they are pretty good kids. Regardless, YMMV and in this case, it appears your mileage is a bit different than mine.
two_heads_talking

Native language: English

Previous

Return to Translation Questions or Discussion