Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - わ...違うわで, a few more questions

わ...違うわで, a few more questions

Do you have a translation question?

Re: わ...違うわで, a few more questions

Postby Hyperworm » Thu 01.28.2010 7:58 am

Plus, given that 強し has basically the same meaning as 強い, and you explicitly stated in the OP that 強い makes no sense in the context, Mike's attempt for つよし was surely the only answer that fit what you actually asked for. ._.

(not that the others were necessarily wrong but .-.)
fun translation snippets | need something translated?
BTC@1KMZXgoWiDshQis5Z7feCx8jaiP4QAB2ks
Hyperworm

Native language: English

Postby Frobnitz » Fri 01.29.2010 2:48 am

As I've said three times, I've already received sufficient help. I'm not going to feign dissatisfaction with the information I've received to placate one irrational member.

If you guys want to continue the thread past its useful life to indulge the man, go ahead, but don't ask me to assist you in doing so. The man demands to be thanked for going apoplectic about others helping out before he could appear and hurl insults; you're not going to appease that thought process by any means you possess.
Frobnitz

Postby Mike Cash » Fri 01.29.2010 10:11 am

Frobnitz wrote:As I've said three times, I've already received sufficient help. I'm not going to feign dissatisfaction with the information I've received to placate one irrational member.

If you guys want to continue the thread past its useful life to indulge the man, go ahead, but don't ask me to assist you in doing so. The man demands to be thanked for going apoplectic about others helping out before he could appear and hurl insults; you're not going to appease that thought process by any means you possess.

A most beautiful specimen of English composition and one containing a review of the facts born of a rational thought process truly like unto the Peace of God. (see: Philippians 4:7)
Never underestimate my capacity for pettiness.
Mike Cash

Postby AJBryant » Fri 01.29.2010 11:56 am

I agree with Mike as well.

For one thing, my mantra here is "context is king." For another thing, the first person to be snitty (or snotty, take your pick) was NOT Mike. It was Frobnitz.

D'you need a time out to calm down yourself?
AJBryant
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Translation Questions or Discussion