Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Help with 2 sentences for Essay

Help with 2 sentences for Essay

Do you have a translation question?

Help with 2 sentences for Essay

Postby Yaminogame » Thu 03.04.2010 8:07 pm

For my essay for Japanese 2 we have to write about our favorite restaurant. For the ending of my essay I wrote this:
レストランで私のりょうしんと私の姉と一しょにはたのしいです。My teacher wrote that "position "wa: for noun"

私の姉と私の父と私の母ことをするのがすきです。

I was trying to say "It's fun to go to the restaurant together with my parents and my sister."
Should I write, "りゅうしんと姉と一しょにレストランにたのしいです。” 

I was trying to say "I like doing things with my parents". Should I revise it and say," 私の父と私の母と私の姉レストランにいくのがすきで” Does that make better sense?

ありがとう!
Yaminogame
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu 03.04.2010 7:46 pm
Native language: English

Re: Help with 2 sentences for Essay

Postby Harisenbon » Thu 03.04.2010 10:15 pm

Yaminogame wrote:I was trying to say "It's fun to go to the restaurant together with my parents and my sister."
Should I write, "りゅうしんと姉と一しょにレストランにたのしいです。” 


両親と姉と一緒にレストランに行くのは楽しいです。

Yaminogame wrote:I was trying to say "I like doing things with my parents". Should I revise it and say," 私の父と私の母と私の姉レストランにいくのがすきで” Does that make better sense?


That doesn't say "I like doing things with my parents" it says "I like going to restaurants with my father, my mother and my sister." Is that what you meant?
Want to learn Japanese the right way? How about for free?
Ippatsu // Japanesetesting.com
User avatar
Harisenbon
 
Posts: 2964
Joined: Tue 06.14.2005 3:24 am
Location: Gifu, Japan
Native language: (poor) English

Re: Help with 2 sentences for Essay

Postby Yaminogame » Fri 03.05.2010 3:23 am

Harisenbon wrote:
Yaminogame wrote:I was trying to say "It's fun to go to the restaurant together with my parents and my sister."
Should I write, "りゅうしんと姉と一しょにレストランにたのしいです。” 


両親と姉と一緒にレストランに行くのは楽しいです。

Yaminogame wrote:I was trying to say "I like doing things with my parents". Should I revise it and say," 私の父と私の母と私の姉レストランにいくのがすきで” Does that make better sense?


That doesn't say "I like doing things with my parents" it says "I like going to restaurants with my father, my mother and my sister." Is that what you meant?
 

Thank you for the first one!

Second sentence: yeah I decided to change it to that. Because I was trying to originally say "I like doing things with my parents", but I decided against.
Yaminogame
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu 03.04.2010 7:46 pm
Native language: English


Return to Translation Questions or Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests