Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - ドメローな雰囲気

ドメローな雰囲気

Do you have a translation question?

ドメローな雰囲気

Postby micahcowan » Sun 09.19.2010 4:35 pm

リップスライムの歌詞より:

「ドメロー雰囲気に溶けてしまいそう」

「ドメロー」って何という意味? ドメ + ロー = "domestic low" ですか?

お願いします!
micahcowan

Native language: US English/米語

Re: ドメローな雰囲気

Postby becki_kanou » Sun 09.19.2010 8:48 pm

My first impression would be that it's ド which is an intensifying suffix + メロー which is the English "mellow". So... "Feel like I'm gonna melt into the mega-mellow mood."

In fact the first google result for ドメロー is a question about the lyrics in this song, and the answer confirms my guess.

It's a neologism by the band though and not in any way standard Japanese. My NSoJ husband had no clue what it was supposed to mean when I asked him.
そうだ、嬉しいんだ、生きる喜び!
例え胸の傷が痛んでも。
becki_kanou

Skype chat: yes_becki
Native language: U.S. English, 米語

Re: ドメローな雰囲気

Postby micahcowan » Mon 09.20.2010 1:04 pm

becki_kanou wrote:It's a neologism by the band though and not in any way standard Japanese. My NSoJ husband had no clue what it was supposed to mean when I asked him.

Yeah... when I googled ドメロー, all I got were references to the lyric. :) ... I wasn't aware of the "ど" prefix thing; that explanation makes a lot of sense to me. "Mellow" makes a good deal of sense in context, since the final line of the _next_ verse is 恋こがれて消えてしまいそう, which is obviously meant to be paired with the line I gave here. (BTW, there's a typo in the line as I gave it: as the Subject line hints, it should be ドメロー雰囲気に溶けてしまいそう)

ありがとうございます!
micahcowan

Native language: US English/米語

Return to Translation Questions or Discussion