View topic - Where are you from question
1. Doko Kara Desu Ka?
2. Doko kimishita Ka?
3. Doko Shimashita Ka?
4. Anata no shusshin wa doko desu ka?
5. Anata wa doko kara kita no desu ka?
What do these mean? what are the differences between them?
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Mon 08.13.2012 8:15 pm
- Native language: English
2. Doko kimishita Ka? Incorrect, should be - doko kara kimashita ka? - "Where are you from/where did you come from?"
3. Doko Shimashita Ka? Incorrect
4. Anata no shusshin wa doko desu ka? → "Where are you originally from?" - Usually used to ask where someone is originally from. I prefer using this one because it has a refined feel to it and it can't be misinterpreted.
5. Anata wa doko kara kita no desu ka? → "Where did you come from?" - Sounds slightly strange as a question in this context
- Posts: 455
- Joined: Sun 05.07.2006 9:43 am
- Native language: Swedish
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests