Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - More than

More than

Do you have a translation question?

RE: More than

Postby Infidel » Thu 11.24.2005 3:42 am

Mandolin, How did you make a text anchor? I can stick brackets and URL around a URL, But I cant make it say "This site" and point anywhere.
Infidel

Native language: 英語

Postby mandolin » Thu 11.24.2005 4:12 am

I had to learn it from someone on this site, too. :) I'll replace the [] brackets with () so it hopefully shows up....

(url=http://your.site.here.com)Text anchor(/url)

I add (b)(/b) around the text, too, because the blue looks too close to black for my taste... so bolding it makes it more obvious it's a link. :)

EDIT: Booger, smilies ate my syntax
Last edited by mandolin on Thu 11.24.2005 4:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
mandolin

Postby Nebby4T » Fri 11.25.2005 8:20 pm

Ok, i'm even more confused now.

So, the reason i asked this is that we have to write Boyfriend Wanted ads for Japanese class and we have this joke that my best friend Galen is more fun than puppies. so what i want to write is "Looking for a boy who is more fun than puppies." Can someone help me out with this now?
Nebby4T

Postby kempokatt » Fri 11.25.2005 9:17 pm

Nebby4T wrote:

So, the reason i asked this is that we have to write Boyfriend Wanted ads for Japanese class and we have this joke that my best friend Galen is more fun than puppies. so what i want to write is "Looking for a boy who is more fun than puppies." Can someone help me out with this now?

If we do it for you, do we get the credit? hmmmmm?
kempokatt

Postby Infidel » Sat 11.26.2005 12:33 am

Thanks Mandolin
Infidel

Native language: 英語

Postby Nebby4T » Sun 11.27.2005 1:15 pm

kempokatt wrote:
Nebby4T wrote:

If we do it for you, do we get the credit? hmmmmm?

Didn't really expect a response like that, I mean, I am writing the entire page and a half besides this sentence....
Nebby4T

Postby Harisenbon » Sun 11.27.2005 9:33 pm

Didn't really expect a response like that, I mean, I am writing the entire page and a half besides this sentence....

Well, you have to take into account that a lot of people come on this site asking for answers to homework, using the members as a translator, and being generally lazy and not wanting to do any real work. People have gotten jaded probably, and have gotten suspicious of people asking for help. It's sad but it's true.

Not saying that's what you're doing at all, just giving a reason for KempoKat's response.

In any case, something like this might be what you're looking for, I think.
inuyori tanoshii otokowo sagashiteimasu.
犬より楽しい男を捜しています。
Want to learn Japanese the right way? How about for free?
Ippatsu // Japanesetesting.com
Harisenbon

Native language: (poor) English

Postby kempokatt » Sun 11.27.2005 11:41 pm

Yeah, sorry about that.

It is as Harisenbon said, many people ask for translations so they don't have to do any work themselves. It's the same as the people who ask "how do I get my computer to (Show/type) Japanese". ;)

But, as you can see in Harisenbon's answer, the word "tanoshii" is why we were seemingly off topic.

Again, sorry for seeming a little snotty. :)
kempokatt

Postby Nebby4T » Tue 11.29.2005 12:40 pm

I guess I do understand. The first years at my school come to me all of the time for translations and it does get quite annoying. Thank you so much for your help.
Nebby4T

Previous

Return to Translation Questions or Discussion