Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Eastern Youth

Eastern Youth

Do you have a translation question?

Eastern Youth

Postby mrhegge » Wed 12.07.2005 11:59 pm

has anyone ever heard of this band? I just got a copy of the split cd the did with Cursive and it's absolutly amazing!
Anyway, I was trying to figure out the translation of the song names and was wondering if anyone could lend a hand. Here they are (unfortunately I'm going to have to type them out in Romanji since this library comp's language bar is acting up)
The first song track is called: burabura(and then some kanji I can't seem to find in my ntc)
The second song i believe is called: muyoo no suke ( I believe this means forbidden/unwanted help or something)
I'm skipping the third song. I can't even find kanji for this one in my NTC
The forth song is: Nanji demo koko ni iru (I'm sure this one has something to do with time or something.)
mrhegge

RE: Eastern Youth

Postby mandolin » Thu 12.08.2005 12:42 am

Someone can correct me if I have these wrong -

1 Bura bura bushi - ぶらぶら節 - "Swing dance"

2 Muyou no suke - .無用の助 - I think.. unwanted help is what I get, too. Unless it's a common set phrase, then it could mean anything. :)

3 Nisoku hokou kouta - 二足歩行小唄 - ... not sure what it means. Sorry.

4 Itsudemo koko ni iru - 何時も此処にいる - "I will always be here"

EDIT: I had found the single and song titles in japanese on Amazon HERE.

Not sure why koko is in kanji, when it's usually in kana. Maybe poetic? Oh well...
Last edited by mandolin on Thu 12.08.2005 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
mandolin

RE: Eastern Youth

Postby mrhegge » Fri 12.09.2005 7:46 pm

Hey thanks for the feedback. I asked my sensei about bura bura bushi. she said that burabura means to wander or something like that. she thought all together it meant something about wandering amongst a tomb
mrhegge

Return to Translation Questions or Discussion