Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Kyoukujun Question

Kyoukujun Question

Do you have a translation question?

Kyoukujun Question

Postby Gan » Fri 01.06.2006 3:08 pm

what does kyokujun'an mean? and what does its shorter version kyokujun mean?
I know that 極限案 "Kyokugen'an" Means something like the furthist, utmost limits. Can anyone tell me if that is correct, and help me to find out what kyokujun, and kyokujun'an mean. My guess is that it means, Innocent tune... or A pure innocent tune. Any help on this would be greatly appriciated.
:)

EDIT!!!!! It has the Kanji 曲順 On the site. I found this kanji they said many people might pronouce it wrong. it says kyocjun but how are u suppose to type that or know what that means? Does it mean innocent, or pure, or right tune? Or purhaps tune order? Help appriciated.
Last edited by Gan on Sat 01.07.2006 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gan

Native language: English

RE: Kyoukujun Question

Postby coco » Sun 01.08.2006 3:52 am

曲順(きょくじゅん)=曲(きょく)の順番(じゅんばん)
coco

Native language: 日本語(Japanese)

Postby Gan » Mon 01.09.2006 4:48 pm

Yea...... I Figured out how to pronouce it....... But do you know what the english translation is? Any one? Is it "The order of which tunes are played"? seems alittle akward for a title of an album... but Thats all I can get out of it. Thanks for your help though CoCo I really appriciated it! :)
Last edited by Gan on Mon 01.09.2006 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gan

Postby zengargoyle » Mon 01.09.2006 5:04 pm

曲順 (きょくじゅん) (n) order in which songs, etc. are played;
順番 (じゅんばん) (n) turn (in line); order of things; (P);
曲 (きょく) (n,n-suf) tune; piece of music; (P);
極限 (きょくげん) (n) utmost limits; limit; (P);
案 (あん) (n,n-suf) plan; suffix meaning draft (draught); (P);

i would think 「極限案」 is something along the line of "an extreem plan". maybe a "last ditch effort". "i can't think of anything better to do, so why don't we set the self-destruct device and try and bluff our way out?".

「曲順」 seems to be nothing more than a "track listing" or maybe "playlist".

i think the 'kyocjun' pronounciation is just meaning that the 'u' in 'ku' is unvoiced.
zengargoyle

Postby Gan » Mon 01.09.2006 5:15 pm

Well..... Here is the "Official Information"

" 10日。シングルの収録曲の打ち合わせ。シングル曲のタイトル、アルバムのタイトルが決定した。
そしてアルバムの曲順についても激しい討論(負傷者数名)をやった。アジカンはいつも、アルバムの曲順はメンバーそれぞれが曲順案を出し、それをみなで「アーでもないコーでもない、ましてやキーでもなければ、ニョーでもない」と討論に討論を重ねて決めている。もちろんモメる。そうするとディレクターやA&R、キャッツなどが間に入り、ときには我々よりも熱くなっているスタッフなどがいたりするが、そういう作業によってかなり民主的な方法で曲順は決定される。この討論はね、熱意があるヤツが勝つ。だけども熱意だけでも駄目。ということで、俺は「この曲順以外は絶対ありえねー!!」という案を今回はいつにもまして考えに考えて提出した。
結論は次回に持ち越しになったが、絶対アレしかありえないので、俺はまた「アーでもない、アーマイナーでもない」と皆と張り合って、最高の曲順でもってみなさんに新しいアルバムをお届けしたいと。燃えている。

そしてTD。TDとはトラックダウンの略ではないと見せかけて、本当にトラックダウンという作業名なのでそこんとこよろしく。ラストTD。LTDね。MLTDね。マジなラモスがとことんダメ出し。考えただけで恐い。"

http://www.sonymusic.co.jp/Music/Info/A ... index.html
(On the date, its December 15, of 2005)

Any one that can furthuer help I thank you..... And thanks for your valuable information Zengargole!! :)
Last edited by Gan on Mon 01.09.2006 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gan

Postby richvh » Mon 01.09.2006 5:19 pm

I would think it would be the equivalent of a playlist for a DJ, or a program for a recital etc.
Richard VanHouten
ゆきの物語
richvh

Postby Gan » Mon 01.09.2006 5:28 pm

ごめんなさい、でも分からません *Edit: Typo..*。Is it not talking about a album that will be released this year?
Last edited by Gan on Mon 01.09.2006 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gan

Postby zengargoyle » Mon 01.09.2006 6:12 pm

it's mostly above my head, but it sounds like a compilation of artists album or something similar and they're still arguing about the order of the tracks (like who get's to be first song).
zengargoyle

Postby Gan » Mon 01.09.2006 6:19 pm

ok thanks i was confussed about what they were arguing over. I thinks there more information about this on a latter date... I think I'll check it out.
Gan

Postby Gan » Tue 01.10.2006 2:22 pm

新曲リハーサル。そしてアルバムタイトルや曲順、新曲のタイトルを考えている。2月のシングルの後には、もちろんアルバムを出す嵐閨Bその最後の1曲を明日からレコーディング。

[Translation]

A new song practice. The title of the new album is Kyocjun, the new songs were considered.
The album is to be released in the month of Febuary. The last song of the album will be recorded tommorow.

----------------

Now to my knowledge Kyocjun is the name of the album, not the listing of the tracks. My only problem is that I do not know what it is suppose to mean. My assumption is that it means, "Tune Order" because honestly thats all that I can find that makes sense.
Gan

Postby Justin » Tue 01.10.2006 2:54 pm

I'm not for sure exactly why you're still thinking kyokujun is the name of the album, but if you look that section you translated, it's all right there...

Rehearsal of the new song (was there more to this first sentence?). We’ve also been thinking about things like the title of the album, track order, and what to call this new song. After the release of the single here in February, we're of course looking to get the new album out. Come tomorrow, we'll be recording the remaining final track.

アルバムタイトル = Almum title
や = used when making a list of related onging items but don't want to list them all out (ringo ya banana ya ichigo ga suki desu)
曲順 = play order / track order
Justin

Postby Gan » Tue 01.10.2006 3:58 pm

o.k thanks!!!! i get it now
Gan

Return to Translation Questions or Discussion