Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - I need help choosing my career

I need help choosing my career

Do you have a translation question?

I need help choosing my career

Postby Belenchan4u » Mon 01.23.2006 12:52 am

hello every body!! I'm graduating in JUNE and I really need help choosing a major to study at the collage! becuase I don't have any idea about majors or degrees. so I will be glad to hear what you dedicate to!!:D
Belenchan4u

RE: I need help choosing my career

Postby ResidentEvil4 » Mon 01.23.2006 1:02 am

Um well, I want to be a SWAT member. Mmm well what do you like to do? Because maybe you could do a career that revolves around something you like to do. I hope that made sense.
Other bands play, Rammstein burns!
ResidentEvil4

Postby ResidentEvil4 » Mon 01.23.2006 1:04 am

I am not sure of majors of degrees either. But I hope I helped at least a little bit.
Other bands play, Rammstein burns!
ResidentEvil4

Postby clay » Mon 01.23.2006 1:34 am

If you are graduating from high school, you should have 2 years of undergrad before you really have to decide. I wasn't sure where I wanted to go until just before starting my 3rd year! And even then I ended up doing nothing with my degree! (Art Education)

But I would recommend getting a minor in TESL (Teaching English as a Second Language) if you have any desire to live abroad. That was the only useful "degree" I got from the University.
clay
Site Admin

Postby lomagu » Mon 01.23.2006 5:05 am

I studied physics in university. I think you should study physics too. ;) B)

But somehow it worked out that I'm teaching English in Japan right now. go figure. I'm not sure about availability now if it's increased or decreased compared to a few years ago. I know I always see adds for teaching positions though. Most of the jobs are for teaching children (from what I see anyway).
The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.☆-D.Adams
lomagu

Return to Translation Questions or Discussion