Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Could someone translate this for me?

Could someone translate this for me?

Do you have a translation question?

Could someone translate this for me?

Postby selket » Mon 05.09.2005 10:49 am

Hi,

I need some help with this phrase...
"Keita no titi desu. Konkano musumesantatino houmonwo kangeisimasu. Zehi kitekudasai."

Not sure if it makes sense but can someone translate this?

Thank you! :)
selket

RE: Could someone translate this for me?

Postby InsanityRanch » Mon 05.09.2005 6:09 pm

selket wrote:
Hi,

I need some help with this phrase...
"Keita no titi desu. Konkano musumesantatino houmonwo kangeisimasu. Zehi kitekudasai."

Not sure if it makes sense but can someone translate this?

Thank you! :)

OK, I'm not sure, but I think it says:

"This is Keita's father. We are giving a party for our sisters-in-law who are visiting. Please be sure to come."

At least, that's my best guess!

Shira
"Give me a fruitful error any time, full of seeds, bursting with its own corrections. You can keep your sterile truth for yourself." -- Vilfredo Pareto
InsanityRanch

Postby xdj220 » Fri 05.13.2005 7:19 pm

It would be a lot easier to read if you changed it from
Keita no titi desu. Konkano musumesantatino houmonwo kangeisimasu. Zehi kitekudasai.

to

Keita no chichi desu. Konka no musume-san tachi no houmon o kangeishimasu. Zehi kite kidasai.

The previous translation was good though ^^, it's just that 'ti' and 'si' don't exist in Japanese, they are 'chi' and 'shi'.
\"Nonsense, I don\'t think one evil step ahead. I think FIVE evil steps ahead.\"
xdj220

Postby Mukade » Mon 05.16.2005 12:26 am

xdj220 wrote:
The previous translation was good though ^^, it's just that 'ti' and 'si' don't exist in Japanese, they are 'chi' and 'shi'.

No, but there is a romanization system that uses ti instead of chi and si instead of shi. The same system also uses tu instead of tsu and hu instead of fu, etc.

Although this romanization system doesn't match the actual pronunciation of Japanese very well, it is often considered to be more 'linguistically pure,' whatever that means.

Be aware that this ti, si, tu system is the one that Japanese kids are taught in school, and so when Japanese romanize their own language they tend to do it the way Selket did above.
Mukade

Native language: English

Return to Translation Questions or Discussion