View topic - Kanji poll
- gyuunyuu luvr
- Posts: 37
- Joined: Tue 10.23.2007 4:57 am
- Posts: 5609
- Joined: Thu 11.02.2006 4:32 am
- Native language: English
Yifan: \"So does it like have a dent in it?\"
Lol. A real conversation.
- Posts: 13
- Joined: Thu 01.03.2008 10:20 pm
The amount of kanji I can passively identify is smaller, because my flash cards focus on kanji production, not kanji recognition. I can usually tell if it's a kanji I should know or not, and if I see a page written in Japanese I can usually recognize most kanji on it, but I may not be able to provide the Heisig keywords for them all.
The amount of kanji that I can actually use -- that is, that I know a reading of and can put in a sentence of some kind -- is very small, 100 at most, and some of them I only currently know in a name or a compound word.
- Posts: 1572
- Joined: Fri 01.11.2008 2:20 am
- Native language: Eggo (ワッフル語の方言)
- Gender: Male
'Know thyself?' If I knew myself, I'd run away. - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
I went on a diet, swore off drinking and heavy eating, and in fourteen days I had lost exactly two weeks.
- Joe E. Lewis
- Posts: 149
- Joined: Sun 11.11.2007 8:32 pm
I've been studying seriously for about 8 months, but I had a previous background in that I did two years in high school, and also some Mandarin and therefore the basics came back quite quickly, even though it'd been ten years.
- Posts: 97
- Joined: Tue 06.19.2007 11:01 am
- Posts: 517
- Joined: Sun 07.24.2005 8:57 am
- Posts: 130
- Joined: Thu 02.28.2008 11:15 pm
Oracle wrote:If you can count the number of kanji you know, you don't know enough yet!
- Posts: 3577
- Joined: Wed 07.12.2006 3:48 am
- Location: Australia (SA)
- Native language: English (Australian)
- Gender: Male
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest