Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - The Dec 6th 2009 JLPT registrations start today, Aug 3rd!

The Dec 6th 2009 JLPT registrations start today, Aug 3rd!

The test - experiences, questions or comments

Re: The Dec 6th 2009 JLPT registrations start today, Aug 3rd!

Postby Frobnitz » Fri 09.11.2009 9:23 pm

I'll try it; thanks.
Frobnitz

Native language: English

Re: The Dec 6th 2009 JLPT registrations start today, Aug 3rd!

Postby kayuu » Sun 09.13.2009 5:06 am

I'm going to try for the JLPT3 this year, having taken JLPT4 a couple of years ago. I'm not sure I'm up to scratch, but hey, I've got a few months.

Good luck, everyone.
kayuu

Native language: 英語

Re: DON'T BE A MISER!

Postby phreadom » Mon 09.21.2009 10:37 pm

OKLAHOMA wrote:
Frobnitz wrote:I note the FAQ says you can't change your test venue after the registration period. Due to a move, I'm honestly not sure where I'll be this December. Is it possible to pay a double fee and register for the test in two locations?

This idea may be out of left field, but why not TRAVEL to the test site, regardless of where you might be living, rather than trying to save a few yen (dollars, pounds, euros) by taking the test closer to home? Just a thought.

Japanese people doing EIKEN 1 sometimes do this. They will even show up the day before and (GASP!) stay in a hotel.

First off; if you keep being so openly rude on this forum, in spite of being warned several times already, you're going to get yourself banned. If I spot you being this rude one more time, I'll personally ban you (and you're lucky you didn't get banned the first time for how out of line and rude you were).

Secondly; because of how far apart the test sites generally are, even traveling to the nearest site can still be quite a trip. For instance I'm very lucky that there is a testing site "near" me, but I'm still going to have to travel around 200 miles and probably arrange for spending the night in a hotel etc. The next closest sites to me are all 800 miles away or more (New York NY, Atlanta GA, and Fayetteville AR). Personally I don't have the money to afford such a long trip etc, and even if I did have the money for it, I think it's a little absurd to treat someone like an idiot for wanting to save money right now, or have the audacity to act like not making the testing into an extravagant vacation is somehow stupid on Frobnitz's part.

Their question about paying the entrance fee at two sites was a perfectly reasonable question, especially if one considers that they're already going to be in the process of a move, and thus likely strapped for cash given moving expenses and possible lapses in work as a result of the move etc. Insulting them for not making a wholly unnecessary vacation out of the trip is way out of line and not very perceptive on your part.
猿も木から落ちる
phreadom
Site Admin

Native language: U.S. English (米語)

Re: DON'T BE A MISER!

Postby phreadom » Tue 09.22.2009 1:26 am

OKLAHOMA wrote:Qui s'excuse, s'accuse.

Go ahead and ban me. You're a douchebag if you think it means anything.

As you wish. Bye bye troll. :)

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is how you earn yourself a permanent ban.
猿も木から落ちる
phreadom
Site Admin

Native language: U.S. English (米語)

Previous

Return to Japanese Language Proficiency Test