Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - EJU

EJU

The test - experiences, questions or comments

EJU

Postby p2dski » Fri 06.23.2006 1:41 pm

Hello,

I used to browse through here when I was first learning Japanese. I know that this is for the JLPT (which in my oppion is pretty useless because I took it last year, passed and now have nothing to do with it but brag) but this was the only section on testing. I'm am trying to get into Keio or Waseda University as an undergraduate and I must take the EJU (Examination for Japanese University Admission for International Students)

Since I moved back to America to finish highschool I can not find books or papers or anything for studying for the EJU test. My Japanese teacher here in America gave me a couple of pages of the Japanese part of the test and she said that was all she had.

Does anyone here have know where I can buy study products for the EJU or find any online? Not just the Japanese part but also the math, and the logic parts aswell.

-Thanks
アイムャ梶[、ひげそり
p2dski

RE: EJU

Postby paul_b » Fri 06.23.2006 3:06 pm

p2dski wrote:
I used to browse through here when I was first learning Japanese. I know that this is for the JLPT (which in my oppion is pretty useless because I took it last year, passed and now have nothing to do with it but brag)

Which JLPT? JLPT 4 is barely worth the paper it's printed on.
but this was the only section on testing. I'm am trying to get into Keio or Waseda University as an undergraduate and I must take the EJU (Examination for Japanese University Admission for International Students)

Since I moved back to America to finish highschool I can not find books or papers or anything for studying for the EJU test. My Japanese teacher here in America gave me a couple of pages of the Japanese part of the test and she said that was all she had.

Does anyone here have know where I can buy study products for the EJU or find any online? Not just the Japanese part but also the math, and the logic parts aswell.

Did you try Google?
I found this almost at once.

Incidentally the Japanese section seems to be about the same level and similar content to a Japanese GCSE exam (somewhat easier than JLPT level 3 but including a written test).
Last edited by paul_b on Fri 06.23.2006 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
paul_b

Postby p2dski » Fri 06.23.2006 3:20 pm

JASSO makes the test but they only post up past tests and example tests. I need something that covers the material on the test. Kind of like when you study for the JLPT you take practice tests but you also go over the material on the test. I need something like that. Like a Kanzen Masuta for the EJU. Americans and Europians have great logic so we excell in the Japan and the World logic part but we often suffer in the Mathmatics part (there is a test 1 and test 2) and I havn't studied math mathmatics since pre-calc in 10th grade. But yea, doing those practice tests is one of the best ways to study

Edit- I took the JLPT level 3 and passed but I heard that this test I like taking level 1
Last edited by p2dski on Fri 06.23.2006 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
アイムャ梶[、ひげそり
p2dski

Postby paul_b » Fri 06.23.2006 3:25 pm

p2dski wrote:
Edit- I took the JLPT level 3 and passed but I heard that this test I like taking level 1

Well they're talking crap. I took JLPT level 1 and it's _WAY_ harder than the EJU Japanese section. As long as you've been working on writing Japanese as well as reading it you should have no real problem.

To put it another way if the Japanese section of that test was _really_ as hard as JLPT level 1 then you'd probably need another two years study beforing having a chance at it. :-P
Last edited by paul_b on Fri 06.23.2006 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
paul_b

Postby p2dski » Fri 06.23.2006 3:31 pm

That Japanese part lookes like its inbetwee 2 and 3. I'm studying for 2 right now and ALL of that is covered by the JLPT 2 preperation books. I think the best way to do this is just to go over that math section in the math lab at my University just bug the guys in there to teach me. But I appriciate the help. I'll just continue to study for level 2 of the JLPT and I'll cover that material as well.
アイムャ梶[、ひげそり
p2dski

Postby paul_b » Fri 06.23.2006 4:40 pm

p2dski wrote:
That Japanese part lookes like its inbetwee 2 and 3.

Hmm, did they not have 〜なければなりません in 3?
paul_b

Postby AJBryant » Fri 06.23.2006 5:38 pm

I had nightmares after the JLPT 1. B)

Tony
AJBryant
Site Admin

Native language: English

Postby paul_b » Fri 06.23.2006 9:54 pm

AJBryant wrote:
I had nightmares after the JLPT 1. B)

What, that you'd have to do it again some time? :-P
paul_b

Postby aoeuaoeuaoeu » Fri 06.23.2006 10:07 pm

I also happen to be an undergraduate wishing to study in Japan for a semester or two. In the available Japanese Universities, I also found Waseda and Keio to be the best options (mainly because of their computer science department - that's what I want to study there.)

I'm just curious to know where you found information, requirements, etc. about these Universities.

Thanks.
aoeuaoeuaoeu

Postby Harisenbon » Fri 06.23.2006 10:07 pm

I had nightmares after the JLPT 1.

I was sick with a 38 fever for a week. ;)

I don't test well.

I know that this is for the JLPT (which in my oppion is pretty useless because I took it last year, passed and now have nothing to do with it but brag)

I didn't think bragging rights started until 2kyuu. ;)
Harisenbon

Native language: (poor) English

Postby p2dski » Sat 06.24.2006 1:49 am

I know that this is for the JLPT (which in my oppion is pretty useless because I took it last year, passed and now have nothing to do with it but brag)

I didn't think bragging rights started until 2kyuu. ;)[/quote]

ahaha, I can't brag to you all but I can to the hicks here in Oklahoma.

fuasu wrote:
I also happen to be an undergraduate wishing to study in Japan for a semester or two. In the available Japanese Universities, I also found Waseda and Keio to be the best options (mainly because of their computer science department - that's what I want to study there.)

I'm just curious to know where you found information, requirements, etc. about these Universities.

Thanks.

Do you live in the states now? Chances are your dead line has passed (Most places here in the U.S. was June 16th for the government scholorship if you are a graduate, undergraduate, or research student.) for the next year but maybe u can do it in 2007. Every university has the requirments on their website. If you are an undergraduate right now than your school probably has a sister school in Japan that you can spend a semister at. You can only go for a short term exchange or you have to go for the whole 4 years and get your degree at a university over there.

But if I get accepted I'll write a whole thread with EVERYTHING i know (binders upon binders) on it because right now this is in a totally inappropriate place to write this. (trying not to spam)
アイムャ梶[、ひげそり
p2dski

Postby aoeuaoeuaoeu » Sat 06.24.2006 10:34 am

I'm french canadian and I'm planning to go maybe autumn 2007, winter 2008 (just planning ahead.)

I'm just curious to know what's your major. And beyond the tests there may be, courses are taught japanese right? In any way, you have to be really good, I guess...

Bah, I'll go look around their website!
aoeuaoeuaoeu

Postby AJBryant » Sat 06.24.2006 1:31 pm

What, that you'd have to do it again some time? :-P

Yeah, for starters. And that someone had somehow changed the language while working on the test, and hadn't let me know about it. :)

Tony
AJBryant
Site Admin

Native language: English

Return to Japanese Language Proficiency Test