Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - The New 2007 JLPT 4級 Thread (Updates on the first page)

The New 2007 JLPT 4級 Thread (Updates on the first page)

The test - experiences, questions or comments

RE: JLPT4 Vocabulary

Postby Rypermanji » Wed 07.25.2007 2:09 am

This post is long, if you can learn an entirely new language, I think you can sit here long enough to read what I have to say ~_^

After doing a lot (caps that...a LOT) of much needed vocabulary study, it became apparent to Shockさん and I that we need to step is up with our vocabulary study...otherwise it will become a burden and will be left until the very end....and cramming is never fun. Therefore I think it's appropriate to change our method of learning vocabulary.

Up until we have been making a set number of vocabulary necessary to learn for the week and everyone is supposed to have learned them by the end of the week. Looking realistically at it...not many of you have been keeping up with this, and because we do not go over the vocabulary learned during the lessons, it is becoming worse and worse.

Therefore I propose a new method of learning, more suitable to everyone's needs. Find how often you study Japanese...hopefully you are able to do it close to everyday. Then find a good number that you are comfortable with learning a day. If you think about back in school your teachers gave you lists of 10-30 words that she wanted you to learn during the class and perhaps with homework...so you can do this. I don't want you learning only 5 words or something like that, I think 10 would be a good minimal amount. Study for as long as you can, learning those words. Practice writing them, say them aloud, make flashcards, however you learn. You do not need to learn the kanjis that are used with them, although recognizing them is a plus. The next time you study, learn the same number of words, while reviewing the words learned last study session. Don't make this too hard and bog yourself down with too many words, but also don't make it too easy, you need to challenge yourself.

Remember this is for your own benefit, the test is in 4 months for those of you who are taking it, and those who are not taking it but still in this session, I would like you to treat it as if you were going to take the test; that way you will have the same knowledge as those who will be taking it.

727 words is a lot that we need to learn. Let's get working on them^^ We have many websites with the list of vocabulary and quizzes. Also Shockさん and myself have recently learned them all and could use some practice so don't be afraid to ask if you'd like to go over some of them.

Let's take this JLPT study seriously, but more importantly, let's have some freakin fun learning a new language!.....and get that certificate with our name on it that looks so pretty(^▽^;)

がんばりましょう!
Last edited by Rypermanji on Wed 07.25.2007 2:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
グラディスが大好きだよ!
Rypermanji

RE: The New 2007 JLPT 4級 Thread (Updates on the first page

Postby zxcjason » Thu 07.26.2007 4:29 am

I just started learning Japanese a few weeks ago and it's great to see a study group! Beats studying by myself all the time!

Is it too late for me to join? I read the log and it seems like I have some catching up to do, but I'd like to join a class and see how it goes. (Fortunately, knowing Chinese gave me a head start on kanji :p)
zxcjason

Postby sei » Thu 07.26.2007 9:40 am

It's not too late, like you said, you just have to catch up a bit with everyone. But you can go into the room and make some questions in things that you don't quite understand.

Have fun studying.
Questions? Feel free to ask. :)
sei

Native language: Portuguese

Postby zxcjason » Tue 07.31.2007 2:53 am

I'd like to join the the group, but I couldn't find any instruction in how to join the meeting. Is it in IRC? I read that there is a password I need to get as well?

My time zone is PST (summer time)
zxcjason

Postby Valatunda » Tue 07.31.2007 8:00 am

Welcome zxcjason. I hope this Chat Article will help you get to the chatroom and I shall send you the password through PM.
Valatunda

Native language: 英語

Postby SaverS » Wed 08.01.2007 5:32 pm

Sorry but I'm pretty busy this week and don't really have time to do the homework (is there homework?) or look at past logs; also, I might not come saturdsay, pretty exausting week.
SaverS

Postby yuubi » Sat 08.25.2007 3:29 pm

can i join in? i'm not really taking the jlpt 4 test but i just want to take a peek, and pick up some info you guys are studying. i'm trying to read the logs though.
yuubi

Postby somethinorwatever » Thu 08.30.2007 5:57 am

the group kinda died, huh?
somethinorwatever

Postby sei » Sat 09.01.2007 5:02 pm

somethinorwatever wrote:
the group kinda died, huh?

Apparently. Quite disappointing really. I've been having lots of problems and haven't been able to come at all, or infact, study Japanese for the past few weeks. And now coming back I see the group isn't active anymore...

Oh well, suppose it was bound to happen sometime...
sei

Postby tanuki » Sat 09.01.2007 5:27 pm

sei wrote:

Yes, after the test. :p

You seemed to be a pretty well-organized group, I wonder what happened?
僕の下手な日本語を直してください。
tanuki

Postby sei » Sat 09.01.2007 6:01 pm

tanuki wrote:
sei wrote:

Yes, after the test. :p

You seemed to be a pretty well-organized group, I wonder what happened?

Indeed.

And I really have no idea. Seems like there are no meetings anymore. The previous room was "shut down" according to the topic and a new room created, but no one seems to be organizing any meetings anymore.
sei

Postby poppop » Sat 09.01.2007 6:04 pm

we ended up having about 2 people who participated in the group. so yeah, felt kinda pointless to just have 2 people coming.
poppop

Native language: Swedish

Postby sei » Sun 09.02.2007 9:16 am

A group doesn't exactly mean 10 people. It can be 2 or 3. But I sort of understand. Maybe since the test is coming up soon people will want to have some last minute reviews or so.
sei

Previous

Return to Japanese Language Proficiency Test