Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - ゆきの物語 - Chapter 8

ゆきの物語 - Chapter 8

Translations of chapters from the story by our own richvh

ゆきの物語 - Chapter 8

Postby Lego » Thu 06.28.2007 3:23 pm

Chapter 8 - The econunter with the young lord

In the castle too, everybody was speaking about the skill of the new tea ceremony artist.
The eldest son of the feudal lord said to the chamberlain: "This evening I'd like to see the famous tea ceremony of that new artist. Go to the onsen, and arrange the thing. "
"Certainly!" said the chamberlain and headed out toward the onsen.
The chamberlain arrived at the onsen and said: "Landlady, I'd like to reserve a tea ceremony"
"Yes. Is the next week alright?" said the landlady.
"How about this evening? The young lord would like to see the artist's tea ceremony at the castle" said the chamberlain to the landlady to press her a bit. (mmm)
"The young lord? Yes, yes, I'll accept this evening's reservation. Surely she'll come to the castle this evening" pleasently said the landlady.
After that the chamberlain went away, the landlady reached Yuki.
"Yuki! This evening the lord want to see the tea ceremony at the castle. Go and put on the new pearl necklace and the most beautiful silk kimono" she said.
That day, the onsen closed early. The landlady helped Yuki to put on the outfit for the visit to the castle.
After that she was guided to the young lord's room, Yuki said: " Glad to meet you. I'm called Yuki and I'm the onsen's tea ceremony artist"
"Pleased to meet you, Yuki" said the young lord.
Then Yuki showed her skills.
"You really are a skillful tea ceremony artist. Please come here every evening and show me your skills" said the young lord.
"Really, it was poor. Certainly every evening I'll come back to do the tea ceremony" said Yuki, and then went back to the onsen.
After that Yuki had left, the young lord said to the chamberlain:"I've never seen a so beautiful and skilled tea ceremony artist until now. She's like a princess. I want to know all about her. I want all about her to be examined by all possible means."
"If that's Your desire, I'll do anything" answered the chamberlain.
せがた三四郎、せがた三四郎、
セガサターン、シロ!
Lego

RE: ゆきの物語 - Chapter 8

Postby richvh » Thu 06.28.2007 4:23 pm

Just a little English pointer here:

Just "next week"; no article is used in this context.
Richard VanHouten
ゆきの物語
richvh

RE: ゆきの物語 - Chapter 8

Postby Lego » Thu 06.28.2007 4:35 pm

richvh wrote:
Just a little English pointer here:

Just "next week"; no article is used in this context.

thanks!
sigh, I feel like my english is getting worse every day :@
せがた三四郎、せがた三四郎、
セガサターン、シロ!
Lego

Return to ゆきの物語