Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - One Piece

One Piece

Anything relating to Anime or Manga - what's new, what you like, etc...

One Piece

Postby Mariya » Thu 08.04.2005 11:12 am

This thread is for anyone who shares my (latest) obsession for One Piece, and would like to talk about it! I'm in love with this anime :D

My favorite characters would definetly be Sanji and Zoro, but theres so many loveable personalities that there are lots more on my list, for example...*thinks*...Smoker, Ace, Shanks and Mihawk.

I'm currently on the Arabasta arc, and it is amazing so far, really edge-of-your-seat type action. The music is also great, my favorite songs probably being Hikari E and Watashi ga Iru yo.

Anyone else who watches OP? B)
Last edited by Mariya on Thu 08.04.2005 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mariya

RE: One Piece

Postby lomagu » Sat 08.06.2005 1:11 am

I watch One Piece!! :D:D It's one of my favs. I download from Kaizoku Fansubs so I'm up to whatever their latest episode is. So far, I like the Alabasta arc the best.

I would have to say that Zoro is my favourite character. I used to like Luffy more than I do now. Sometimes I think his simplicity/stupidity gets kinda old. He's still funny though. Out of the "bad guys" (or maybe I should say opponents because I don't think he's really bad), I think Smoker is a good character.

I can't remember any of the opening or closing songs right now.. I'm gonna have to rewatch the older ones. I think I like the first opening the best though. Occasionally they play it again in the episodes & I think it's really effective (you'll see). ;)

I'm surprised no one else has really mentioned OP til now. I thought it was really popular...
The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.☆-D.Adams
lomagu

Postby Kodi » Thu 08.11.2005 3:29 pm

yeah i liked the series alot but I started watching other stuff after about episode 50 or so and haven't realy gone back to it yet. Yeah think I like Zoro the most. :)
Kodi

Postby Naruto721 » Sun 08.21.2005 11:48 pm

I just finished watching the first season. At first, I saw the english version first, I though to myself there's no way the Japanese version is good...Guess what? It's GREATNESS! :D And to think, I have so many episodes left to watch!
Naruto721

Postby kenpachi » Tue 08.23.2005 6:31 pm

The japanese version is so good. I've completely erased from my mind that there is an english version. To me it just doesn't exist because it never should have in the first place.
kenpachi

Postby Kates » Tue 08.23.2005 6:57 pm

I must agree that I find the English version of "One Piece" an assult on the ears, and I'm not even a "OP" fan, really. >_< I watched it for listening practice when I lived in Japan, and upon hearing the English cast.... I just about cried. It isn't done justice--like anything else. ):
Kates

Postby Mariya » Mon 09.12.2005 7:35 am

Oh my god, please don't get me started on the dub! I mean, has anyone heard Sanji's dub voice?....ARGH! It's the worst dub voice I have ever heard....no exaggeration. :(
Mariya

Postby Daichi » Mon 09.12.2005 7:48 am

I avoid dubs whenever possible!

Aside from terrible voice acting, you lose so much more with dubbed movies. I've even tried to get my little brother (10) into the habit of watching subbed versions of foreign movies. When we watched Spirited Away I made sure it was in Japanese - I thought he'd complain, but he loved it!
Daichi

Postby Kates » Mon 09.12.2005 9:11 am

Oh, don't YOU get me started on Disney's Ghibli dubs! *cries for poor Howl's beautiful voice*

Dubs aren't so bad cuz... well, they're free. At least, when this stuff appears on Cartoon Network. >_< But some of them... the recent shounen stuff that's been on CN (Inuyasha, OP, Naruto... haven't seen FMA dub yet...) I'd rather just NOT watch the show instead of putting up with them.

Uhm... but... this is a thread about "One Piece"! We should get back on track. >_>

Hey, I'm not a big fan, but I caught an episode once... and saw Sanji eating a sucker. O_o? Isn't that supposed to be a cigarette...? Or am I wrong?
Kates

Postby Mariya » Tue 09.13.2005 2:55 pm

Hahaha....yeah. It's supposed to be a cigarette. They also dubbed out Mihawk's cross necklace. Why? :o

That just makes me wonder...there's a whole 50-ish ep arc called Skypiea, and it's full of holy terms and stuff, including calling an island 'Upper Yard' where God resides. Lol! They might dub out the whole arc!
Mariya

Postby Zeo » Wed 09.14.2005 9:35 am

OP is a great anime:)
And i watched the japanese version (Hate dubs..) of course :D

Im not sure who my favourite is. But Zoro is pretty cool tough.
Zeo

Native language: Norwegian

Postby Mariya » Wed 09.14.2005 10:08 am

Does anyone listen to the music of OP? I'm listening to Hikari E right now :D
Mariya

Postby Cherie061403 » Mon 10.10.2005 5:17 pm

I usually watch anime in Japanese, however I happened to see Naruto on CN and actually fell in love with the show. I'm tempted to get the Japanese version, but I figure I shouldn't ruin the English one since it's the only one I currently know.;) It's hard enough watching Samurai Champloo on CN.
Cherie061403

Postby Sachi » Fri 10.21.2005 7:37 pm

My problem watching anime in Japanese is I'm still really new to it. I watch my Fruits Basket DVDs in Japanese (random episodes) to get more practice. It actually helps. ^_^ I don't usually use subtitles. They get in the way, and I can't stop reading them... Then what's the point of switching languges?
Sachi

Postby Roronoa Zoro » Tue 03.21.2006 12:52 pm

one piece is the best anime and zoro the best chraracter.
影国___________あなたの前の私の中心はすぐに吠える、 それは私の愛の示す...
Roronoa Zoro

Next

Return to Anime and Manga Discussions