Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Height?

Height?

NO SPAM ALLOWED! Discuss stuff not related to Japan or Japanese. The rules are the same in this forum as in the other forums.

RE: Height?

Postby katafei » Sat 08.04.2007 1:01 pm

World_Traveler2007 wrote:
Not often I see women that are tall AND good looking. There are a couple I've seen that look so good (even at 6'/6'1") I had this :o going for awhile. For the most part, height doesn't bother me.

Yeah, I recognise this problem. When will I ever meet a guy that's tall AND good looking?
Luckily, for the most part, looks don't bother me too much either.
(Which is probably just as well, seeing as I'm way past my prime.....Image)
We are all but images of our time
katafei

Native language: Dutch; Female

Postby prep_girl_Nessa » Sat 08.04.2007 3:18 pm

It's funny, I didn't even realize it mattered to people about their significant other's height until I was talking to a guy I liked who was shorter than me. He told me it's because I'm not vain.

I honestly don't care at all what my boyfriend looks like. Taller, shorter, heavier, lighter, whatever. It's personality alone that makes the decision for me.

But yeah, I'm single now too. I'm going to try to blame it on being at an all girls college...
- Harumi Nessa - 熱砂 春美(Just kidding ^_^'')
'Do you know what it feels like, loving someone who's in a rush to throw you away?
Do you know what it feels like, to be the last one to know the lock on the door has changed?
' - Enrique Iglesias <3
prep_girl_Nessa

Postby stevie » Sat 08.04.2007 7:47 pm

I tend to like girls that are shorter than me, though that's not to say I go cold on taller girls or those that are the same height. But girls that are a bit shorter than me surely turn my head a little more. It's not really a vanity thing, it's just what attracts me more.
stevie

Postby Mike Cash » Sat 08.04.2007 8:48 pm

I like short girls.

I like tall girls.

What I don't like are short girls who try to make themselves look tall, and tall girls who try to make themselves look short.
Never underestimate my capacity for pettiness.
Mike Cash

Native language: English

Postby Machina Maw » Mon 08.06.2007 11:19 pm

[small]I absolutely hate dating shorter and/or skinnier guys. I'm 175cm/54kg (5'9"/118lbs) and getting taller, something I am rather dismayed about. A lot of guys I know are quite skinny, but they weigh more than me... hmmph. If I date someone shorter and skinnier than me, I just feel ridiculous. Of course, if their personality was amazing, I could overlook anything... but I would so much rather have a partner who was at least 3 inches taller :|

Anyway, I think tall = hot. 6'1" and over = ideal. B)

[/small]
Machina Maw

Postby two_heads_talking » Tue 08.07.2007 1:17 pm

I think if you discount a certain height, weight, or other type of person, you just might discount the person that would treat you the best. you never know. (general statement to no one in general) don't be a bigot when it comes to peoples height, weight, looks etc. otherwise you end up with someone as shortsighted as you are .. that is all.
two_heads_talking

Native language: English

Postby SenescenceReign » Tue 08.07.2007 4:48 pm

I'm 5'6" and happen to be taller than my friends, and I'm here to tell you, there is nothing more amusing than wearing heels around them. So be careful you don't have a girl who just likes feeling tall, rather than one who wants to look tall.
Last edited by SenescenceReign on Tue 08.07.2007 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
/relurk
SenescenceReign

Postby Infidel » Tue 08.07.2007 5:15 pm

I like tall girls, even when they wear heels and are much taller, but I had a really great relationship with a shorter girl too. However, a lot of girls do prefer the male be taller, especially old fashoned girls that want the "Prince in shining armor"tm male. Personally, I don't care why a girl wears heels, so long as she doesn't wear them so often her feet become misshapen, like a lot of girls that wear too tight shoes or heels too long.

A lot of guys I know are quite skinny, but they weigh more than me... hmmph.

Males have denser muscle mass and bone mass than females. Muscles actually contain a lot of water which makes them heavy. Those skinny guys also tend to be stronger than they look, especially if you compare them to an equally skinny girl's strength.
Last edited by Infidel on Tue 08.07.2007 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
なるほど。
さっぱりわからん。
Infidel

Native language: 英語

Postby sullivankael » Mon 09.03.2007 11:20 am

i don't particularly care about the height of someone that i date

however,

since i'm 5' 1/4'' [it matters lol], the chance of me dating someone in my age range [im 19] who's shorter than me is significantly not very probable.. so, i see no reason to think on it..

[and how would we ever get anything from the top shelf?! XD;]
sullivankael

Postby john2 » Sat 09.15.2007 7:45 pm

A well, for some reason i'm phiscaly atracted to older girl's alot older then me.
I guess one of ruhtly the same age would work…… ^^) depends on hidth and more so on personality.
Thou i do judge that quite unfairly based on look's i'm verry visually oriented person.
I sometiems just can't use something because it look's like their are too many button's.
Lol but that still doesn't make text that look's easy to read any esier to read :\.
Last edited by john2 on Sat 09.15.2007 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
john2

Postby StarvingMusician » Tue 09.25.2007 4:56 am

SenescenceReign wrote:
Honestly, I wouldn't mind a short little man. But a tall tall man... Well, the last man I dated was 6'3. I'm 5'6. It was pretty uncomfortable just walking side by side; I had a constant crick in my neck!

Hey, that stings! I'm 6'5. . .and my girlfriend is 5'6. She doesn't complain. . .OR MAYBE SHE DOESN'T HAVE THE WILL TO TELL ME. Oh no...*INSECURE*
Anyway about the height thing, I have no worries but ....if I found a girl taller than me, she'd be the 9th wonder of the world, and I'd sell her to a circus. :D
"If we've only got one try, if we've only got one life. If time, was never on our side. Well before I die, I wanna burn out bright."
StarvingMusician

Postby NjSa » Tue 10.02.2007 3:33 pm

well my dad (5'5) is shorter than my mum (5'9/10) and i don't think its all that strange, although sometimes when they hug or kiss its kind of funny.
I'm (5'6/7) and I personally like guys taller than me but in the whole scheme of things i would rather have a smaller guy who treated me right and had a great personality, than a tall guy who treated me really badly and was a jerk in general
NjSa

Postby Chris Hart » Tue 10.02.2007 3:47 pm

NjSa wrote:
well my dad (5'5) is shorter than my mum (5'9/10) and i don't think its all that strange, although sometimes when they hug or kiss its kind of funny.
I'm (5'6/7) and I personally like guys taller than me but in the whole scheme of things i would rather have a smaller guy who treated me right and had a great personality, than a tall guy who treated me really badly and was a jerk in general

Sounds like the personality is the important part
-.. .   -.- -.-. ---.. ..- ..-. ...-

I am nerdier than 97% of all people. Are you a nerd? Click here to find out!
Chris Hart

Previous

Return to General off topic