Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - My introduction in japanese

My introduction in japanese

Feel free to practice writing in Japanese or romaji. Help each other out with corrections or replying back in Japanese

My introduction in japanese

Postby kawaii_san » Tue 08.07.2007 8:15 pm

I'll write a  little intro in japanese. Please correct what's wrong.

Japanese
こんばんは. 私の名前はTiago です。私はポルトガル人。庶l才です。日本語に大いに気乗りです。それでは日本語が習っている。

Romaji
konbanwa. Watashi no namae wa Tiago desu. watashi wa porutogarujin. juuyonsai desu. Nihongo ni ooini kinori desu. Sore de wa nihongo o oshiette kudasai.

PRETENDED translation
Good evening. My name is Tiago. I am portuguese and I am 14 years old. I am very interested in the japanese language. So I am learning japanese.
kawaii_san

RE: My introduction in japanese

Postby richvh » Tue 08.07.2007 9:56 pm

Your moji doesn't agree with your romaji in the last sentence - the first one says "nihongo ga naratte iru" "learning Japanese" (though you have the wrong particle, it should be "wo", not "ga"); the second says "nihongo o oshiette kudasai" - "please teach me Japanese" (but the -te form of oshieru is oshiete, not oshiette)

You don't need the の名前 in the first sentence, nor the 私は in the second. Replace the 。 after ポルトガル人 with で、 to combine your nationality and age into one sentence, like your English version. 大いに気乗り is unusual, I think, I'd say 日本語に興味(きょうみ)が深い(ふかい)です instead. For your last sentence, だから、日本語を勉強(べんきょう)しています is better and preserves the polite tone set in the preceding sentences.
Richard VanHouten
ゆきの物語
richvh

Postby kawaii_san » Wed 08.08.2007 9:20 am

richvh wrote:
Your moji doesn't agree with your romaji in the last sentence - the first one says "nihongo ga naratte iru" "learning Japanese" (though you have the wrong particle, it should be "wo", not "ga"); the second says "nihongo o oshiette kudasai" - "please teach me Japanese" (but the -te form of oshieru is oshiete, not oshiette)

First I wanted to say "please teach me japanese" but I changed to "I'm learning japanese". I just forgot to change the romaji.

You don't need the の名前 in the first sentence, nor the 私は in the second. Replace the 。 after ポルトガル人 with で、 to combine your nationality and age into one sentence, like your English version. 大いに気乗り is unusual, I think, I'd say 日本語に興味(きょうみ)が深い(ふかい)です instead. For your last sentence, だから、日本語を勉強(べんきょう)しています is better and preserves the polite tone set in the preceding sentences.

1. What does that particle で mean?
2. 日本語に興味が深いです means "I am deeply interested in the japanese language" right?
kawaii_san

Postby richvh » Wed 08.08.2007 9:41 am

1. This で is the て form of だ/です, so it means "is... and"
2. Right.
Richard VanHouten
ゆきの物語
richvh

Postby coco » Wed 08.08.2007 11:01 am

Welcome to TJP.

日本語に大いに興味があります。それで日本語を習っています。are good sentences.

×それでは
○ それで
coco

Native language: 日本語(Japanese)

Return to 日本語の練習 (Practice Japanese)