Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Appropriate place for announcements

Appropriate place for announcements

Do you have any suggestions to the page's content and such?

Appropriate place for announcements

Postby coco » Sun 09.09.2007 12:38 am

Excuse me for my awkward English.

I think if there were "classified(?)/announcement(?)" section( forum) in TJP, we can lead people like Tondemo to contribute his/her post into there. Or Admins could kindly move the post into there.
Aside from his attitude, the announcement about "study group via voice" itself would be informative for learners who learns either Japanese or English.
Or which of current forums should be the most appropriate place for that kind of posts?

Posts should be placed in a same category.

Skypeでの日本語学習者募集
JLPT study group(not like the first one)
IM learning partner  
Language Exchange<correct for each other
etc. etc.

Any comments would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

最近、告知のマルチポストが見受けられます。マルチポストは歓迎できませんが、「会話練習相手募集」の告知自体は、英語学習者、日本語学習者の双方にとって益のあるものと思われます。したがってその種の書き込みを投稿するに相応しい場所があれば、投稿先を正しく誘導できますし、学習者の双方が練習相手を見つけやすくなり、皆さんにとってプラスになると思いますが、いかがでしょう。ご意見お聞かせください。
よろしくお願いいたします。

---
加筆
This could be an answer of this thread. ;)
richvh wrote: an Administrator, Posted on 11-09-2007 21:51
Plus, there are penpal sites where you are much more likely to find someone from Japan to correspond with than here.
Last edited by coco on Tue 09.11.2007 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
coco

Native language: 日本語(Japanese)

RE: Appropriate place for announcements

Postby coco » Sun 01.20.2008 12:54 pm

I'd like to repeat that it would be more convenience if there is a specified category for an announcement. For example, this person, a native Japanese speaker, seems to be looking for somebody who wants to talk in English and Japanese via a voice chat.

On the other hand, there are several threads/posts which say "[url=http://www.thejapanesepage.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=10263[/url]It's hard to get opportunities[/url] for talking with native speakers".

Their demands are seemingly matching.

However most posters of this kind of posts tend to be temporal users of this forum. Therefore it is considered to be hard for them to find the "native speakers needed" threads/posts that already exist in unspecified forums.

If those threads are in the same category, it would be much easier to find someone.

As TJP is going to move to the new site, I don't think we need it for the current site, but having a category for an announcement might be effective on the new Drupal site.

先の投稿でも述べた通りですが、このサイトでの募集・告知の投稿は今後増加するものと思われます。「チャット相手求む」あるいは「オンラインゲームの相手を探したい」といった告知用掲示板があれば、より効果的な情報交換ができるのではないかと思う次第です。
Drupal上でどのような形になるのか見当がつきませんが、ご一考いただければ幸いです。
Last edited by coco on Sun 01.20.2008 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
coco

RE: Appropriate place for announcements

Postby Dehitay » Sun 01.20.2008 1:56 pm

I think I understand what coco is talking about. Something like the classified section of a newspaper. A sub-forum where people can make and answer personal requests. There has been a few times where that would have come in useful for me. I still want somebody who would teach me video editting as my video camera and I don't get along. It also would have been useful for that one group who wanted to go through translating things as a group for practice.
www.bananamonkeyninja.com
The only webcomic endorsed by Banana Monkey Ninja
Dehitay

Native language: English

Re: Appropriate place for announcements

Postby coco » Tue 05.19.2009 9:11 am

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=13209

I think more Japanese will appreciate ilovenippon11-san's offer, if they can easily find the thread.
coco

Re: Appropriate place for announcements

Postby phreadom » Thu 05.21.2009 3:44 am

coco wrote:http://thejapanesepage.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=13209

I think more Japanese will appreciate ilovenippon11-san's offer, if they can easily find the thread.

As long as you understand the humor of the 2nd and 3rd posts of that thread... ie; that the person offering to help Japanese people with their English was using questionable English in their offer. ;)
猿も木から落ちる
phreadom
Site Admin

Native language: U.S. English (米語)

Return to Suggestions