Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Could someone teach me

Could someone teach me

Japanese, general discussion on the language

Could someone teach me

Postby mariah14156 » Tue 09.11.2007 9:46 pm

could someone teach me japanese i can't sound them out right i got msn messenger.I want to learn so badly and the site isn't helping me that much.Please I'll teach someone from japan English if they could help me i would be fairly appreciated.?! :(
Mariah
mariah14156

RE: Could someone teach me

Postby richvh » Tue 09.11.2007 9:51 pm

Perhaps before you offer to teach someone English, you should demonstrate your ability to properly use capitalization and punctuation? Plus, there are penpal sites where you are much more likely to find someone from Japan to correspond with than here.
Richard VanHouten
ゆきの物語
richvh

RE: Could someone teach me

Postby chikara » Tue 09.11.2007 10:47 pm

mariah14156 wrote:
could someone teach me japanese i can't sound them out right i got msn messenger.....

Firstly take note of what richvh-san said.

Secondly, what do you mean by "can't sound them out right"? Do you mean that you don't know how to correctly sound the syllables or that you don't know how to correctly pronounce Japanese words?

The Tokyo With Kids website has sound files for all of the hiragana characters here.

The About.com Japanese Language site has an audio phrase book that may help with your pronunciation of Japanese words and phrases.

Edit: You can download this zip file of the sounds.
Last edited by chikara on Tue 09.11.2007 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't complain to me that people kick you when you're down. It's your own fault for lying there
chikara

Native language: English (Australian)

Return to Japanese General Discussion