Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Why You Want To Learn Japanese

Why You Want To Learn Japanese

Japanese, general discussion on the language

RE: Why You Want To Learn Japanese

Postby ShinDig » Sat 02.26.2005 11:42 am

Hey, i want to learn japanese because i've always been fascinated with the culture, and the language. Japan seems like such a beautiful place, England seems pretty dull in comparison! lol! :D I'd love to go to Japan one day, maybe even live there! I think i read somewhere that in Tokyo, they have a 'cherry tree blossom' festival? I'd like to see that :)
ShinDig

Postby ShinDig » Sat 02.26.2005 11:44 am

TokyoRoze wrote:
Anime, Culture or do you just like the food? Tell me(or us) why!

Me, Is the Culture and the Food. I think its all fanstastic and I love everything about Japan. If you want to see a good movie Rent KIKUJIRO, best movie ever. But i got the biggest passion about learning japanese and im only 15 and i know im gonna stick to it! So whats you peoples story?[mail][/mail]

Hey, i love everything about Japan too. I really want to go there one day, :) i heard about that film somewhere before but i cant find it anywhere over here (in the UK!) :@ AAAARGH, i really want to see it!
ShinDig

Postby TokyoRoze » Sat 02.26.2005 11:46 am

Yeah itsa awesome movie
Hiragana: 0/46
Katakana 0/46
Kanji: Kyuu4:0/80
TokyoRoze

Postby nyanya » Sat 02.26.2005 2:24 pm

The culture of Japan is really cool--you should go to Kawamura, the traditional city if you want to see some of the traditional festivals and temples. It's also the site of the great Buddha, you can even get rickshaw rides. Trust me, it's great (and my reason for learning Japanese, in addition to my Japanese friends)
*~matane~*
nyanya

Postby TokyoRoze » Sun 02.27.2005 1:11 pm

Daisuke wrote:
I know it is off topic, but congrats with your birthday yesterday!! B)

Thanks alot !
Katakana 0/46
TokyoRoze

Postby TokyoRoze » Sun 02.27.2005 1:12 pm

mrfusion wrote:
TokyoRoze wrote:
Actually yesterday i turned 16 and im from ocean county NJ. I got a program from unforgettablelanguages.com and its AWESOME. I WOULD LOVE TO BE AN EXCHANGE STUDENT. but my parents....it will be hard for them. i gotta talk em over....help me with this...
O and im going to a Japanese Restoraunt tonight for my Bday (even tho it was yesterday)

Happy Birthday!

I'm originally from Hackensack, NJ. I'd talk to the Rotary Club and see if a) you qualify
and b) they can help convince your parents. When my brother went, we also took
in an exchange student from Japan. It was really a great experience for everyone.
My brother now works for a Japanese medical company and married a wonderful
Japanese girl. They go back and visit his host family every once in a while.
Let us know how it goes.

well give me the url and thanks for the happy b-day!
Katakana 0/46
TokyoRoze

Postby mrfusion » Sun 02.27.2005 3:46 pm

http://www.rotary.org/programs/youth_ex/index.html

Here's a link that goes right to the page about the Youth Exchange
program.

さようなら
:D
ミスターフュション
mrfusion

Postby haru » Tue 03.01.2005 2:49 pm

well i really wouldn't evan be here if i hadn't have choosen ICT in highschool as a 2 year course because without that i wouldn't have met one of my good friends and they wouldn't have told me about anime and other stuff so i kinda experimented with it by buying anime and i bought allot of manga at the start(english translations) and since i have gone to college their are allot of chines,korean(japanese im not sure about) peple so i took the japanese class i and here i am now
haru

RE: Why You Want To Learn Japanese...

Postby ShinDig » Tue 03.01.2005 4:47 pm

I don't know what it is, but from a pretty early age, i've always had this odd fascination with Japan, and all things Japanese! :D I'd love to learn the language, so that one day i could go there. I'd love to experience the culture, the food, and the festivals, especially 'cherry tree blossom' day? Is that what its called? Sounds like a cool kinda festival :D
ShinDig

Postby TokyoRoze » Tue 03.01.2005 6:15 pm

most likely my parents will not let me be an exchange student....
Katakana 0/46
TokyoRoze

Postby Daisuke » Tue 03.01.2005 6:20 pm

Well, just try to explain them that you do really, really want to be an exchange student. Maybe they'll let you do it. Parents are very "sceptical" (or what it is in english) sometimes, heh...
Daisuke
Site Admin

RE: Why

Postby danny_mack » Tue 03.01.2005 7:11 pm

Well I am half Japanese and want to be able to communicate better with relatives.
danny_mack

Postby hypnos » Tue 03.01.2005 10:53 pm

Well, it started when I watched Ringu. That made me think..."Hmm...This is cool!" Plus I always liked Sushi and Origami, and I want to be a volcanologist, and Japan is the country that has the most advanced volcanological program in the world. So, yeah. :-D
hypnos

Postby Opgots » Tue 03.01.2005 11:14 pm

Japanese. I just...I dunno. Theres something about the language. It makes me happy. Theres a long boring story as to why exactly I learn Japanese. Ive been studying it for about a year now. Only 14, I feel like learning languages is fun. I know English, Spanish, and now with addition of Japanese (still studying but you know what Im saying), and I plan on learning French after this.

Studying dilegently for about a year now, I think I know the language well, but still need to know alot.
-------------
Nemuritai...

The pleasure of a dream is in its fantasy. If it ever comes true, it was never a dream.
Opgots

RE: Why You Want to Learn Japanese

Postby Jess » Wed 03.02.2005 12:20 pm

Why I want to learn Japnanese? Hmmm. It is mainly because I want to be a novelist when I get out of high school and it would be great to know as many languages as possible so that wherever I am in the world someone will be able to read with me! I also love learning about other countries and Japan is fascinating and fun! ;)
Jess

PreviousNext

Return to Japanese General Discussion