Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - If TJP were a family...

If TJP were a family...

NO SPAM ALLOWED! Discuss stuff not related to Japan or Japanese. The rules are the same in this forum as in the other forums.

RE: If TJP were a family...

Postby Hatori » Sat 10.13.2007 2:32 pm

katafeiさん, thank you for asking about how things have been going. :) Like a true お祖母さん, it's great to ask how things are. ^^
Anyway, I'm always trying to do my best in grammar except for when I'm in a hurry and whatnot. I realized when I found this magical thing, the internet, I used to type like a moron; and after a while it affected my schoolwork. Also Mike's lecture to me ages ago to type in proper English, I'm pretty straightened out. :D
Now a bit off-topic... School has been good, but tiring. I can't get to bed at night, though I'm exhuasted. :( But on Monday I'll have my last big homework assignment done: a speech about Angelina Jolie! B)
Ah yes, and if anybody's wondering, I've been trying my best to read kanji and kana and looking up words and trying to work a bit with Japanese grammar on my free time here. :)
我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。
lol
~ハトリ~
Hatori

Native language: English

Postby Mike Cash » Sat 10.13.2007 6:38 pm

HeyItsMatt wrote:
You know, I think good grammar and speaking intelligibly without abbreviations is important, and I wish I had been taught more grammar in school, but isn't it a little excessive to equate bad grammar with wife beating or denying African Americans their rights? I'm sure wasn't your intention, but still...

How did I "equate" bad grammar with either of those things? Did I say that using bad grammar is the same as beating one's wife? Did I say that using bad grammar is the same as denying rights?

You're absolutely right it wasn't my intention to do any such asinine thing....which is why I didn't do it. The problem lies with the reader here, not the writer.

Neither of those comments were directed toward the use of bad grammar anyway. I was talking about Hatori's expectation of others being grateful for what one has a natural right to take for granted. And I am embarrassed for you that it was necessary to clarify something that was so blindingly obvious in the first place.
Last edited by Mike Cash on Sat 10.13.2007 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Never underestimate my capacity for pettiness.
Mike Cash

Postby prep_girl_Nessa » Sat 10.13.2007 11:01 pm

Hatori, if you want to continue the discussion on TJP family members you might want to re-title this thread and create a new one. I don't think the English grammar discussion is going to stop any time soon.

And I really like evana's avatar xD
Last edited by prep_girl_Nessa on Sat 10.13.2007 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Harumi Nessa - 熱砂 春美(Just kidding ^_^'')
'Do you know what it feels like, loving someone who's in a rush to throw you away?
Do you know what it feels like, to be the last one to know the lock on the door has changed?
' - Enrique Iglesias <3
prep_girl_Nessa

Postby Mike Cash » Sat 10.13.2007 11:05 pm

prep_girl_Nessa wrote:
Hatori, if you want to continue the discussion on TJP family members you might want to re-title this thread and create a new one. I don't think the English grammar discussion is going to stop any time soon.

Apparently I'm not the only annoying uncle.
Never underestimate my capacity for pettiness.
Mike Cash

Postby prep_girl_Nessa » Sun 10.14.2007 12:02 am

Mike Cash wrote:
prep_girl_Nessa wrote:

Heh, sorry, I'm pms-ing right now... Can I still be the innocent girl next door? xD
'Do you know what it feels like, loving someone who's in a rush to throw you away?
Do you know what it feels like, to be the last one to know the lock on the door has changed?
' - Enrique Iglesias <3
prep_girl_Nessa

Postby Sensei Ron » Sun 10.14.2007 6:23 am

Considering that I just joined today, I would be the newborn. Hehe.
Sensei Ron

Postby katafei » Sun 10.14.2007 6:31 am

Hatoriちゃん、頑張ってね。。。
I've just been googling Angelina Jolie to see who she is ^_^
My heroine is Calamity Jane. I once wrote an essay about her life for a school assingment, but it was tossed aside as a load of rubbish.
Don't you just hate these 'know-it-all' school teachers?

Good luck with your speech tomorrow!
We are all but images of our time
katafei

Native language: Dutch; Female

Postby Hatori » Sun 10.14.2007 1:46 pm

prep_girl_Nessa wrote:
Mike Cash wrote:
prep_girl_Nessa wrote:

Heh, sorry, I'm pms-ing right now... Can I still be the innocent girl next door? xD

If you've got PMS and a gun, I don't think you could be so innocent anymore. :p
我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。
lol
~ハトリ~
Hatori

Postby clay » Sun 10.14.2007 3:07 pm

Welcome newborn Sensei Ron!
TheJapanShop.com- Japanese language learning materials
Checkout our iPhone apps: TheJapanesePage.com/iPhone
clay
Site Admin

Postby Chris Hart » Sun 10.14.2007 6:05 pm

katafei wrote:
Hatoriちゃん、頑張ってね。。。
My heroine is Calamity Jane. I once wrote an essay about her life for a school assingment, but it was tossed aside as a load of rubbish.

I actually had a college professor that had 0 credibility because (even after it being proved impossible, and given a plausible possiblity) claimed to have taken courses on Linux in the early 80s. The creator of Linux (Linus Torvalds) didn't even start working on it until 1991.

The possibility I suggested is that he may have taken courses on UNIX, which was originally written in the 60s.
-.. .   -.- -.-. ---.. ..- ..-. ...-

I am nerdier than 97% of all people. Are you a nerd? Click here to find out!
Chris Hart

Postby richvh » Sun 10.14.2007 7:07 pm

Chris Hart wrote:
katafei wrote:
Hatoriちゃん、頑張ってね。。。

I actually had a college professor that had 0 credibility because (even after it being proved impossible, and given a plausible possiblity) claimed to have taken courses on Linux in the early 80s. The creator of Linux (Linus Torvalds) didn't even start working on it until 1991.

The possibility I suggested is that he may have taken courses on UNIX, which was originally written in the 60s.

Maybe he took courses on Minix? I think that could run on XTs and ATs (definitely ATs, my memory is hazy on XTs, and I don't know where to lay my hands on the book I had on it... which had source code for it in the back), and was definitely developed to be a course tool.
Richard VanHouten
ゆきの物語
richvh

Postby Sensei Ron » Sun 10.14.2007 9:54 pm

clay wrote:
Welcome newborn Sensei Ron!

ありがとうございます!
Sensei Ron

Postby emanuen » Mon 10.15.2007 12:40 pm

I'd be the dog hater ^_^
Contrary to what my dog thinks , I do exist ... advice:NEVER CHASE YOUR DOG\'s TAIL !

meet my dog http://www1.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/3069007/2/istockphoto_3069007_stupid_dog.jpg
emanuen

Postby two_heads_talking » Mon 10.15.2007 1:35 pm

TheIrishSin wrote:

I'm sorry, I came to this thread to discuss what part of the TJP family I would be.

:D

then you would have realized that in any "real" family there are more than one conversation going on at one time. Most of those conversations occur simultaneously. The nice fact is that some conversations are contrary and others are quite constructive.
So, don't feel left out, just come right on in and participate. IF you don't like the channel, you can always change it.. :) :o
two_heads_talking

Postby prep_girl_Nessa » Mon 10.15.2007 3:27 pm

Hatori wrote:
prep_girl_Nessa wrote:
Mike Cash wrote:
prep_girl_Nessa wrote:

If you've got PMS and a gun, I don't think you could be so innocent anymore. :p

But I need my gun!! xD
' - Enrique Iglesias <3
prep_girl_Nessa

PreviousNext

Return to General off topic