Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Any other languages?

Any other languages?

Japanese, general discussion on the language

RE: Any other languages?

Postby prep_girl_Nessa » Mon 11.05.2007 1:33 am

noviceAnimeFreak wrote:
my biggest prob is the masculine, feminine and neutral part.... still struggling.....

That's exactly why I hated it too! But I'm going to press on anyways, and just try to figure it out as I go along; hopefully I'll just use the words enough to commit it to memory that way. I've tried flashcards and charts and a whole number of different things and nothing works.

Aber viel glück!! Deutsch ist nicht zu schwer, denn wir sind dumm nicht.

^^ I have no idea if that's right... xD
- Harumi Nessa - 熱砂 春美(Just kidding ^_^'')
'Do you know what it feels like, loving someone who's in a rush to throw you away?
Do you know what it feels like, to be the last one to know the lock on the door has changed?
' - Enrique Iglesias <3
prep_girl_Nessa

Postby Wakannai » Mon 11.05.2007 1:51 am

my problem learning any other language than Japanese is simple. There's nothing writtin in those other languages I want to read.

Before I realized this, I seriously wanted to learn to read Chinese and Arabic. And I took Spanish in school. but they all suffered due to lack of interest.
Wakannai

Postby katsumi92 » Mon 11.05.2007 8:58 pm

Are you interested in a comment on this from a native German speaker?
katsumi92

Postby zomegashot » Mon 11.05.2007 9:23 pm

korean and spanish only :D (besides english and japanese)
한국말を知っても일본말を助けての것ではない…

and while i'm at it, please correct above if wrong
zomegashot

Postby prep_girl_Nessa » Tue 11.06.2007 1:14 am

katsumi92 wrote:
Are you interested in a comment on this from a native German speaker?

Sure, if there's a native speaker somewhere around here. Maybe a PM is better, though, since it's a bit off-topic.
- Harumi Nessa - 熱砂 春美(Just kidding ^_^'')
'Do you know what it feels like, loving someone who's in a rush to throw you away?
Do you know what it feels like, to be the last one to know the lock on the door has changed?
' - Enrique Iglesias <3
prep_girl_Nessa

Postby Madscotsman » Tue 11.06.2007 7:37 am

Coming from Scotland, I speak English (or very near it :P)

I took French for 4 years at high-school and thought I was OK at it but did terrible at the exams. That was *cough* years ago now though :D

I've only been casually studying Japanese for a few months and really enjoy it but haven't been putting in any serious time to it.

I'd like to learn Spanish as I went on holiday there this year and felt totally like a fish out of water LOL. Hopefully going back for holiday to Spain next year too so would love to learn a lot more of the language before going.
Madscotsman

Postby Dehitay » Tue 11.06.2007 1:39 pm

Dang, I wasn't expecting Spanish to be the 3rd most common language on this forum but I guess it makes sense since most of us are probly from the US. My mom is Mexican and that entire side of my family starting at the generation above mine speaks Spanish. However, I was never forced to learn and now I have no real motivation for it so I'm learning at about 1 word per month. Does that count?
www.bananamonkeyninja.com
The only webcomic endorsed by Banana Monkey Ninja
Dehitay

Native language: English

Postby Sapphiregirl » Tue 11.06.2007 5:53 pm

Spanish, japanese, and starting to get into korean.
After i finish spanish, i think i will add french to the list. :|
Sapphiregirl

Postby Chris Hart » Tue 11.06.2007 5:59 pm

Sapphiregirl wrote:
After i finish spanish,...

Does one ever truly finish learning a language, even their native tounge? :p
-.. .   -.- -.-. ---.. ..- ..-. ...-

I am nerdier than 97% of all people. Are you a nerd? Click here to find out!
Chris Hart

Postby tanuki » Tue 11.06.2007 6:03 pm

Dehitay wrote:
My mom is Mexican and that entire side of my family starting at the generation above mine speaks Spanish.

Hey! That's cool!

However, I was never forced to learn and now I have no real motivation for it so I'm learning at about 1 word per month. Does that count?

Tsk tsk of course that doesn't count. Get in touch with your roots, brother! ;)
僕の下手な日本語を直してください。
tanuki

Postby Bonemaster969 » Sun 11.11.2007 2:09 am

Right now, I'm taking German and Japanese at the same time. I found it kinda strange that a lot of people here were studying Chinese as well, because I kinda had the urge to study it as well. I never bothered though, because I didn't want it to interfere with my kanji pronounciation and it's taking me forever with Japanese alone. Oh well, more power to you guys! :)
Bonemaster969

Postby yukamina » Sun 11.11.2007 1:44 pm

My interest in Korean was peaked again...This time I decided to try learning from a Japanese site, since Korean is similar to Japanese(more than English, anyway). Ah, I was able to read the site so smoothly, I'm so happy about that ^_^ I figure if I decide to stop again, I'll have gotten some Japanese practice in there too.
yukamina

Postby Aritaurus » Sun 11.11.2007 9:25 pm

I'm fluent in English and Cantonese. I've never really acquired a language through school - everytime, it would turn out to be a disaster ! I'm conversational in Mandarin from watching TV dramas and learned to read Chinese characters on my own as well.

I still think my Japanese will eventually pass my level of Mandarin because I've been putting all my effort to Japanese. I do hope to study my Mandarin again once I'm conversational in Japanese. Hopefully, I can become fluent in all four languages in a few years.
Last edited by Aritaurus on Sun 11.11.2007 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aritaurus

Postby Strawberry_Juice » Sun 11.11.2007 9:45 pm

Studied French on my own, took level 2 last year in high school, did a course at the university here, and now I go to a weekly French conversation group at a coffee shop. I'm not so good at speaking it (that's why I'm going to the conversation group), but I can read it very well and am pretty good at listening to French now. :)
Strawberry_Juice

Postby MrTakaiSama » Sun 11.11.2007 10:09 pm

I speak spanish, my first language actually was Spanish. So, right now, I can speak in four languages: Spanish, English, German, and Japanese., well, 3 1/2 languages. Not that fluent in Japanese yet.
MrTakaiSama

PreviousNext

Return to Japanese General Discussion