Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - JLPT3 (2007) chat study group

JLPT3 (2007) chat study group

The test - experiences, questions or comments

RE: JLPT3 chat study group

Postby tanuki » Sun 12.02.2007 5:06 pm

I just came back from the test. Oh dear, the listening section killed me and I did shamefully bad on vocabulary. But I think I did well on grammar, at least. :) The part that was easier than I expected was the reading comprehension.
僕の下手な日本語を直してください。
tanuki

Postby Gundaetiapo » Sun 12.02.2007 10:52 pm

I'm ashamed of my performance on the listening comprehension. I think there were only 3 or 4 answers I had some confidence in. Most were sheer guesswork. I was fighting off sleepiness at the end of the test, but I think I pulled the last section off.

coco san's help all year was very helpful. coco, one of the grammar points we spent a few minutes talking about yesterday, and I got wrong yesterday, came up during the test. :) Speaking of which, when can we start talking test details?
Gundaetiapo

Native language: English

Postby coco » Mon 12.03.2007 12:34 am

みなさんお疲れさまでした。 :)
もう問題の詳細について話しても差し支えないと思います。
(文法のスレッドに投稿した方が、今後3級を受験する方の役に立つかもしれませんが)

All JLPT 2007 has completely finished because it's about 18:30 in Honolulu time. Therefore there is no problem with talking about Test details.
Last edited by coco on Mon 12.03.2007 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
coco

Native language: 日本語(Japanese)

Postby Akurei » Mon 12.03.2007 11:24 am

Forgive me if this message would be better suited in another section, but this seems good enough. I hoped we could discuss some of the questions in 3kyu.
Here are some of mine: (if anyone knows the correct answer, please tell me)
(I´m sorry if my questions seem to vague or difficult to remember)

Grammar section:
1) The one that said something like: """"..... dore ____ suki na mono wo hitotsu erande kudasai"""" with options like "mo" "demo" "de" and i think "ga"
2) Someone ha.....""""konai to imashita ga, ________ kimasen deshita ne.""""
with options like "sukkari", "yappari" and dont remember the rest.

Listening:
1) Did the guy leave with the coat, the suit or the sweater (or shirt)???
2) Did the graph go upwards (increase) or not, which one was the correct one?
3) What happened to the woman: break clothes, break chair, spill wine or break dish???

Thats the doubts that I can remember. If anyone has other doubts, I would be more than glad to help.
Thanx
Last edited by Akurei on Mon 12.03.2007 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Akurei

Postby Txkun » Mon 12.03.2007 2:32 pm

I hope that everyone did well with the test! :)
Txkun

Native language: Italian

Postby coco » Tue 12.04.2007 1:23 am

Akurei-san.
I can't give you a correct answer without the certain sentence and choices, but if the question is..
どれ___ 好き ものを ひとつ えらんで ください。
Then choices are 1) でも 2) も 3) が 4) で
でも is the answer. が(Ga) is incorrect.
If the choices are 1) にも 2) も 3) か 4) に
In this case, か(ka) is the answer.

Xさんは、[こない/こられない]かもしれないと言って(い)ましたが、_____ きませんでしたね。
1) すっかり 2) やっぱり 3) はっきり 4) ゆっくり
やっぱり is the answer.

As for the listening section, I hope someone will help you. ;)
Last edited by coco on Tue 12.04.2007 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
coco

Postby ss » Tue 12.04.2007 1:33 am

ここさん、↓
いいえ、どういたしまして.私もよく分かりませんでした、もう一度説明してください。

Post moved to Related curricula - 3kyuu study group
Last edited by ss on Tue 12.04.2007 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
ss

Native language: English speaking family

Postby coco » Tue 12.04.2007 2:04 am

SS-san, if you don't mind, could you move your post into your " related curriculum" thread, please?
Your post is definitely informative for the people who'll take JLPT3 2008.
While the curricula thread is useful for anyone who challenges JLPT3( at least I believe so), this thread isn't useful for others since this thread was mainly used for scheduling a meeting.

Thank you. :)

SSさん、ありがとうございます。 お手数をおかけしました。:)
Last edited by coco on Tue 12.04.2007 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
coco

Postby katafei » Tue 12.04.2007 8:07 am

Hi all,

well, jlpt is over! And I so totally flunked the listening section.....
For some reason I expected us all to have earphones. Even the fact that there were 260 for level 3 only didn't make me realise otherwise until the very last moment.
The sound was too loud and sharp for me, and I coundn't hear properly. It was not unlike making out the announcements in the London Tube (which at one moment I could have sworn said "Piccadilly is worth crap" and I'm not even joking here). So I kept panicking, wondering wether I should ask for the volume to be turned down. But no, that would interrupt everybody's concentration. How about asking to move to the back? No, that would interrupt everybody's concentration as well. Did I just miss another question?
My mind kept making jumps like this. In the mean time noticing people coming from the opposite building where level 4 was being held. Are they finished already? O, blast, missed another question!

Anyway, I didn't manage to snap out of this mood, so all of it was pretty much like filling in the pools. I'll be lucky if I get 20%. Akurai's first example of the listening test doesn't even ring a bell ;)

I'm not going to check answers, because that sort of thing always get me depressed. I prefer to go on thinking the other sections went pretty well and with a little bit of the blessing SS mentioned earlier, that may just be enough to pass the test.

Yesterday I visited the Japancentre in London, and one of the girls was on the phone with a customer. I understood every word she said. Wow. Okay, it was hardly rocket science, more like a magazine that had not arrived yet, but still. Made me feel better. Also, spending time in London was great.

So now the long haul waiting for the results has begun. And no listening test is going to stop me preparing for 2kyuu next year. :D
Last edited by katafei on Tue 12.04.2007 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We are all but images of our time
katafei

Native language: Dutch; Female

Postby Akurei » Tue 12.04.2007 10:55 am

coco wrote:
Akurei-san.
I can't give you a correct answer without the certain sentence and choices, but if the question is..
どれ___ 好き ものを ひとつ えらんで ください。
Then choices are 1) でも 2) も 3) が 4) で
でも is the answer. が(Ga) is incorrect.
If the choices are 1) にも 2) も 3) か 4) に
In this case, か(ka) is the answer.

Xさんは、[こない/こられない]かもしれないと言って(い)ましたが、_____ きませんでしたね。
1) すっかり 2) やっぱり 3) はっきり 4) ゆっくり
やっぱり is the answer.

As for the listening section, I hope someone will help you. ;)

Arigatou gozaimashita!!!
Akurei

Postby ss » Tue 12.04.2007 6:20 pm

Welcome back, Katafei-san!
I was wondering and thinking that you might have lost in London!! Sounded like you had a great short vacation in London than taking a test! I was told Santa had arrived at Harrods, in Knightsbridge, have you gotten any chance to meet Santa?

Goodness, you have to sit according to your registration tag no. labelled on the table. You think you are watching opera in an open theatre? ^_~

I can’t decide yet to take 2kyuu next year. I feel like giving myself another year to challenge 2kyuu, maybe in 2009. However, the 2 years remains important, as we have to expand our vocabulary and grammar points, so I hope to learn as many as possible from the people here, and, I wish Coco-san will continue her guidance and coaching to us.

We probably need a conference on planning a JLPT2 study chat group next year. I wonder Clay-san’s Organic Groups would be available by then?

While the festive season is upon us, let’s flash a smile and have a good break.

-----
Have not heard from Guldo and Terence. How's thing going?
Last edited by ss on Tue 12.04.2007 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ss

Native language: English speaking family

Postby katafei » Wed 12.05.2007 6:33 am

Hi SS,

Actually, I had free internet access in my budget hotel, so that was really great! But somehow I didn't see the messages I posted, so I stopped posting. Only just now I noticed they did get through after all....some double ones and all, I'll edit them later, I have to go out now.
London was great, but I didn't get to see Santa :(
So no sitting on some nice comfortable lap for me ^_^
Hope to hear from the others soon.
Have a nice day/evening all!
katafei

Postby caroline » Wed 12.05.2007 2:40 pm

Well, as Tanuki, I found some disturbing black holes in my vocabulary ;)..... and about listening, I sure don't know, though I found the first part quite easy, the second one, not as much as an understatement. Same assessment as Tanuki for grammar and reading, too.
Like SSsan, I intend to spend 2 years preparing for JLPT 2, as the schizophreny between my japanese lessons and preparation ends up taking too much time for even thinking to cross the gap between 3 and 2 in one year.
I sure hope we will go on together, and that Cocosan will be kind enough to go on with her invaluable coaching.
And, SS, you're right : to much ひらがな in the text of the test, sometimes I didn't recognize words I knew at first (or worse) glance.
I'll think of Katafei as I'm going to London next weekend, celebrating "JLPT is over and I can do something else than japanese on Sunday :)" at least for a short time.
caroline

Native language: Français

Postby tanuki » Wed 12.05.2007 3:56 pm

caroline wrote:
I'll think of Katafei as I'm going to London next weekend, celebrating "JLPT is over and I can do something else than japanese on Sunday " at least for a short time.

To celebrate, this Sunday I'm going to SLEEP! :D
僕の下手な日本語を直してください。
tanuki

Postby katafei » Wed 12.05.2007 4:19 pm

Hope you enjoy London as much as I did, Caroline. I would recommend going to the globe theatre. Really beautiful! And one of the walks.

As for Japanese:
I bought 2 Harry Potter books today!!! Including furigana! I'm so happy with them and I'll start 'the chamber of secrets' this weekend.
So no Japanese-less weekend for me ^_^
Last edited by katafei on Wed 12.05.2007 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
katafei

PreviousNext

Return to Japanese Language Proficiency Test